Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on deadlines for AVC Tax Relief

• 27-10-2021 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi All,

Got myself in a pickle here by leaving it too late to make an AVC for the year previous and to claim tax relief by 31st of October.

The Irish Life form says to make a payment and then receive a tax certificate within 10 working days, then make a claim. It also says the deadline for the tax relief can be later than 31st October if using ROS to do the tax return.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Have I time to make a payment now and then claim relief after the 31st October for 2020? Any idea how long I might have if so?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 grape3012

I have same problem - I am not clear if the deadline for paying the AVC and claiming relief online is November 17th or if the payment still has to be made by October 31st and the relief claim can be made online up to November 17th.

I went ahead and added mine to my 2020 tax return as the payment to the insurance company has been made. I don't have the certificate yet but presume I will have it if and when they request it as evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

I've been calling the scheme administrator. I think the key is to pay by 31st October but we have till 17th November to do the tax return online

Advertisement