Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Honor Discussions and News Thread - *Spoilers for Latest Shows*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That's mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who will WWE and AEW be going after?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The writing has been on the wall for a while, ROH just couldn't get any buzz whatever they did.

Bandido, Gresham, Rush and Brody King all available now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

World Famous CB, of course.

Good they all had steady work through the pandemic and will have places to go now indies are opening up again.

Do MLW and NWA do contracts or are they more per appearance where people may leave at any time?

I can't see them coming back from this. Wonder would WWE or AEW buy them out? The video library for the network alone would be worth it to WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

TNA/Impact will out survive the apocalypse at this stage and be the last wrestling company standing.

Don't ROH also have footage from All In? Given Cody, The Buck's association to ROH at the time?

They own the footage to the whole show I think.

• Advertisement

Tony Kahn and Warners to buy out the video library would add years of footage straight away to setting up an AEW streaming service with Warners.

Yep, that video library is fantastic. Nearly 20 years of footage and including a lot of big names that are in WWE and AEW currently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Danhausen about to be All Elithausen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Think they could set up a deal with WWE?

Weren't they enquiring about MLW awhile ago?

As like a NXT being developmental then ROH being like old NXT?

As if I was HHH I'd be snapping looking at Black, Andrade and Pac main eventing an AEW show.

The library also would be a huge addition if it became available.

As long as the Briscoes finally get a run on TV I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've been to the last two PWG shows live and Bandido is out of this world. His match at Mystery Vortex is next level - just rewatched it on blu ray the other night. I really really hope he's picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Posted this in the AEW thread but probably fits better here, as it's in relation to who I think AEW will be interested in. Was mentioned above too but the video library if it's available is a must (although WWE will bid for that too I'd say). Rights back to All In, old footage of loads of your stars (Danielson, Punk, Elite etc). That will likely have a bidding war between the two if it comes up.

Gresham is their best wrestler imo and there will be a lot of hype about him Vs Danielson if that happens. It also helps to combat one of the criticisms of AEW in the lack of black wrestlers, and Gresham is excellent. He'll slot in to the upper mid card picture in AEW imo.

Others that will be talked about cos of their relationships. RUSH and Dragon Lee can reform with Andrade and have a new LI faction and you've got an insane trios bout between them and Death Triangle. Brody King fits with Malakai and they wrestle as a tag team outside of AEW already. Think he's friends with Darby too which helps.

Then you've got Bandido and Danhausen. Bandido is excellent in ring and there is a bit of a fit there but I could see him not getting signed permanently. Danhausen should be the first priority though. He's insanely over cos of his online stuff, he's friends with loads of the roster and there's insane marketing potential with him in AEW as he already has a thing with Conan O Brien going and Conan is with Warner. To me, Danhausen is a guy who can bring casual people in to watch AEW, he's insanely entertaining.

There are others I can see getting Dark matches and maybe one off roster matches and see how things go (Dalton Castle, Deppen, Jay Lethal etc) but not sure there's room for guys like those in AEW atm.

Rok-C and Trish Adora are possible for the women's roster too, I'd expect Dark match tryouts at the very least.

A lot of the ROH roster are Impact level, MLW could pick up some of them NWA as well.

GCW which is on the rise might be the company to benefit most picking up talent now as it is the only one really touring in any real form.

However none of them have any real money behind from TV, touring etc.

AEW has a big midcard and jobber roster to rotate in and out and they aren't on great money so Tony lets them work on the indies.

WWE might look at one or two of the roster but I'd say it's back to Mexico for the Mexican talent and the indies for most of the roster.

ROH 2.0 coming 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How is Danhausen in the ring? He may be entertaining but where would he fit. AEW doesn't really have anyone like him in comedic characters. We do have comedic characters but not as comedic.

Got to feel for Session Moth she turned down WWE and signs with ROH then has her first match for them in February 2020 then pandemic hits and she never really gets her chance State side.

Who knows where she would be now if she signed with the WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Stuck spinning her wheels on NXT UK most likely. I don't see her ever making it in a big promotion to be honest though I do sympathise with how unfortunate the timing was for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,206 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sinclair must be looking to sell

This is devastating news for all involved.

GCW have ROH World Champion Bandido now signed up for shows in December.

GCW might now be close to being the 3rd company in North America ahead of Impact

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think he's decent enough. He'll be a bit out of depth in AEW with it as there's a lot of good in ring workers there but he'll get by cos of his gimmick. It's like Orange Cassidy, his character work is what got him over, he isn't rivaling the likes of PAC, Omega, Danielson as ring workers but his character is excellent. That will be Danhausen. You can just have him work with Dark Order and it'll be magic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A restructure is probably for the best as ROH has been a hard watch the last while. Of course, does restructure really mean gone for good. We shall see.

Problem with ROH I found is that it's roster always got raided every few years. But thats to be expected I guess due to the size of ROH - a top indy for guys to make a name but a stepping stone to bigger places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It sucks that this seems to be the end of ROH but as said it has been coming for a while if you've kept an eye on the company recently, ticket sales for Final Battle were not good and the buzz was non-existent.

The video library is of course a great pickup for someone. For me ROH 2004-2008 is up there with WCW 96-97 and NWA/JCP in the mid to late 80's as the peaks of pro-wrestling in North America. Joe vs Kobashi and DO Fixer vs Blood Generation are two of the best wrestling matches of all time.

It's also mad when you think about how much that tweet from WWE Guy to Meltzer asking could ROH sell out a 10,000 seat arena changed wrestling, which obviously snowballed into the formation of AEW etc. ROH would probably still be going if that tweet wasn't sent!

MLW now have an open door policy for free/released talent.

Supercard of Honor PPV announced for April fools day Friday April 1st 2022 live from Texas.

• Advertisement

Gresham vs. Bandido will headline Supercard of Honor. 

Advertisement