Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Honor Discussions and News Thread - *Spoilers for Latest Shows*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just finished it there , did it seem like a mass passing of the torch to anyone else

Only one that seems to be staying on is Gresham all the other guys lost , even the Briscoes which was an incredible match , would love to see more of them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Isn't there supposed to be an issue with the Network that won't allow them to sign the Briscoes due to some old comments made? It's a shame as they definitely deserve a larger platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah that's so stupid since they have apologized , and there are so many wrestlers that have done dodgy stuff why pick on them

Really hope when the new ROH is up and running properly that it's two different rosters (ROH and AEW) with not much crossover for the foreseeable future. Don't really want to see all the ROH titles being defended on Dynamite and Rampage regularly. There'll be way too many titles on AEW programming then.

AEW have so many under contract that they could easily fill out a very good roster exclusive to ROH.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Supercard of Honor did over 20k ppv buys.

Honor Club views are not counted in that that either.

So looks like it was a pretty huge success.

• Advertisement

On the Double or Nothing media call Tony say he wants to bring ROH back with a there full PPV calendar of events and he is full talks with Warner/Discovery about getting a weekly or streamimg service soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought Lethal was going to interfere in Joe's match setting up a title match for Double or Nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭ThePott

Their last match was a belter, this should be no different. I know ROH and AEW are separate but I wonder if this could mean a softening of the no-Briscoes on AEW policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Yeah it's interesting. Talks that the Warner exec pushing that ban may have been ousted in the Discovery merger so could have something to do with it.

• Advertisement

Death Before Dishonor card looking really strong.

This was supposed to be Claudio's debut so I imagine Tony wanted to build ROH around him as world champion.

Gresham vs. Claudio for the ROH World Title.

Joe vs. Lethal for the ROH TV Title.

Yuta vs. Garrica for the ROH Pure Title.

FTR vs. The Briscoes for the ROH Tag Titles.

Martinez vs. Deeb for the ROH Women's Title.

The Briscoes are signed to full time ROH contracts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

They've done a good job reviving ROH, that card is verging on great, miles ahead of what ROH was putting out before the hiatus.

Garcia/Yuta pure rules is my kinda match, looking forward to it!

There's the trios titles now. Just make them interbrand.

Do we think there'll be a surprise at the end of the main event like with Joe at the last PPV? Out of all the free agents, I actually think Gargano would be perfect for the new ROH.

I wasn't going to get the PPV in but I only need 2 credits for a free PPV on Fite so if I get this in I'll get All Out for free. Not sure when my credits expire so don't want to buy All out to get Full Gear free incase some of the credits expire by then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So is Vincent gone from Impact then? I hope they take the rest of them too, that storyline has been done to death

I see Tony was in talks with Mauro if anything comes of it, Mauro would be perfect to be the lead announcer for ROH going for forward when they get a TV/Streaming deal.

I like Riccaboni. Mauro is a bit too over the top for my liking.

I was thinking Gargano would be a good signing for ROH but wouldn't be surprised to see him back in WWE now with the Vince news and HHH is obviously a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I must check my credits. I think I have enough to get either this one or the next one free. It being Saturday night means I'll probably watch it either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Is anyone buying the ppv? I watched the preshow, and I'm still not sold on it, €20 is a bit steep for me. Only really want to see the tag match, don't think the price is justified. Forbidden Door was cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 31,717 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Wow, straight into the world title fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I bought it because I was definitely staying in anyway so I might as well watch it. I don't know if I'll watch it all tonight but I do really want to see the tag match. Some of the other matches will be decent too but they wouldn't be a must watch live.

Pure title, low blows allowed, gas. Trios match was fun. Yuta Garcia should be a good one. Was about to say nice touch from Garcia with the attire, but Regal beat me to it.

That match was class, both guys were great (Yuta Garcia)

Post edited by nazmoalex on

Samoa Joe and Lethal put on a really good match, best Samoa Joe match in a while, Lethal is a solid worker. Knew that belt was going come in to play when I saw it sitting in the corner.

Hope the Briscoes go over here, FTR are great but would be nice to see ROH guys win the main event

What a match. Their first match just edged it for me, but that was another classic! Briscoes deliver every time, and FTR are top dogs for a reason. Was half thinking it was going to be a time limit draw. FTR have serious cardio, Dax delivered the promo without seeming to be out of breath. Solid ppv, haven't a breeze about the commentary team, but they were pretty good to. Easy 8/10 overall

We say AEW has too many titles yet somehow RoH manages to have 6 titles and that was a promotion that only did an hour of tv a week with an occasional PPV. Bit mad.

What is Dalton's contract status?

Wonder what happened with Tully.

At times I got One Night Stand vibes from it.

Tag match was excellent. The ref seemed to be out of position so it looked like Dax went after him.

Good show overall.

Leaves Danielson as the only BCC member not holding gold.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Changed the thread title to reflect the fact this is basically the general ROH thread now. :)

Advertisement