Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cutting MDF?

• 28-10-2021 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I need to do a few cuts of 18mm MDF; I have a 1220x606 mm panel that is sufficient for them, but could also pay for new MDF depending on price. I need to cut out six panels, plus ideally a 183 mm round hole in one of them. But if a round hole can't be done, we (I+son) can DIY with a jigsaw, it does not have to be perfect. The straight cuts do have to be good for gluing, so I don't want to do that with a jigsaw with its inevitable jiggling, and we have no table saw.

Unfortunately B&Q cutting is still out of order. Ryan's are very expensive for this.

What places in Limerick, other than Ryan's, would offer MDF cutting? (Or alternatively pay-per-minute use of a table saw. Renting one for a full day is overkill)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭geotrig

I'm fairly sure fablab did this type of stuff no idea if it was cheap or expensive ,don't know if it has moved or where it is now though.

id love to know why b&q are so crap with the cutter they have as its nearly always out of service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If you head across the way to the panneling centre(Garyglass Ind Estate)(trade entrance at the back door). If you buy the panels there you can ask them to cut it. It will depend of course on how busy they might be. They normally cut panels when they're assembling units not for Joe Public but it depends on a number of factors like any business. They close at 4pm, you rock up at 3:45 buying a few panels and looking for them to be cut. G'luck to you . I'm quite sure it's not a service they offer as it is so you can always ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Apparently I found the solution - they gave me a very reasonable quote. https://cairdeonline.ie/wood-cutting/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭geotrig

didnt know about there, great stuff 👍️

Advertisement