Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Price increase

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ringing now to ‘cancel’ to see if they can give me a reduction on my Sky Original and Sky Sports Pack with these increases.

Need something good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

What number can you contact them on to actually speak to someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

can someone let me know a contact number for sky? need to cancel but it is incredibly hard to find the number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Let us know how you get on

Last few years I have cancelled and my wife has got the new customer deal and vice versa.

My turn coming up shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Whats wrong with looking it up yourself? You would have it in your contract documents and apart from that Google is your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

Believe it or not the contact number is not advertised. Hence why I asked. Go have a shower and F off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

They gave Sports €10 off for 6 months and upgraded our old Sky Original pack to Signature Pack at no extra cost, so overall about a 13% reduction for 6 months with a few extra channels there now (Nat Geo etc)

I likely could’ve pushed for more but was satisfied with that.

They tried to push movies on to me but zero interest in it

Was really no effort on my end bar a ‘pack too expensive for what I’m getting, not getting the value so looking to cancel’

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Shipduke, as much as I sympathised with your predicament (the Sky CS phone number is hard to find, even with Google’s help, and in my view deliberately so) that kind of language is not welcome here and you can take an infraction.

Post edited by icdg on

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Don't know if it changed, but it was 0818 719 819 for Customer Services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

You could try 1800927476.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Having no luck so far with Sky. Basically told I agreed to a discount and 12 month contract back in July so the earliest I can cancel is 31 days before the contract is up.

I guarantee they got a TON of customers last Summer when they had huge discounts. Won't kill them to let a few lose.

I wonder if they'll even cancel HD so I can at least get €8 off. I'm paying €41 Sky Signature and HD with €8 discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Jesus the person I'm talking to is a bloody robot. No sorry unfortunately we can't do that etc just a firm "you can't cancel a contract you signed up to" Won't budge on anything. Offered €4 off HD channels for 6 months but I'm cancelling them anyway so that's no help.

Tried selling me broadband in the process. Cancelled my HD channels and retained my €8 discount at sign-up. Will be paying around €34 until July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Peckham

I've just cancelled Sky after being with them for 4 years. Have gone the Freesat route.

Found the process of cancelling quite straightforward. Nice guy on the phone, did everything he could to get me to stay. Final offer was my €65 package for less than half price, but I had literally already cut the cord before I made the call.

Freesat set up working great. The recording taking a bit of getting used to, but don't use it that much anyway.

Sky very simple, and definitely better, but not worth the price you pay when you can get most of the same service for free

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They’re unlikely to offer you deals while they know you’ve another eight months to go - you might find their tune changes next July.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Can you cancel if they price increase whilst your in contract?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

No. Unless you pay for the remaining part of your contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I got an email last week, telling me my sub was going up by €4 per month. I rang them and after some negotiation, I got the €4 cancelled and a further €7 discount on my current contract, so in effect an €11 saving per month for the next 12 months, happy with that. They will reduce your bill if you negotiate, that's assuming you actually want to stay with Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I only have standard package no sports etc they put up price to €38.

I rang to cancel they offered it to me for 12months for €20euro still said no and cancelled. They know if they can keep you subscribed they will get another 2 or 3 years out of you then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I was more or less the same. I had made up my mind to leave but the agents I spoke with did everything to persuade me to stay. Why would I stay when with Saoirview I'm getting the same channels along with ITV for no monthly subscription - just a one off installation cost. I'm just kicking myself I didn't do it years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

if my contract is up at the end of the month can i give the 30 days notice now or do i need to wait till its up before i can give notice?

I'm staying with Sky for another year because I want to for two reasons. One, the coming year cost will be cheaper than last year and two, it's the best subscription tv service out there , it suits my needs. It's expensive and certainly not for everyone, but if you want pay tv, it is the best. I'm sorry, but I couldn't watch blurry vision Saorview ( apart from RTE ) and while Freesat is excellent for the UK channels, it is limited channel wise compared to Sky. I must admit that a combination of Now TV and Freesat has tempted me a few times, but the thought of that horrendous Saorview plus box and the appalling standard definition picture quality is a deal breaker .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I agree with regards the quality of sky. It's definitely the best out there imo.

It all depends on what you watch.

I went the freesat now TV route myself after a few years with sky.

She has her soaps and reality TV fix and I only really watch sports and Netflix.

For Rte I just chromecast from my phone to the TV and the picture quality is decent enough.

The now TV stick has the virgin media player and you can watch live TV but the picture quality is desperate.

Horses for courses but if you're happy with what you have just stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Homer

The mind boggles how people are still subscribing despite the constant price increases when they can get all that content and more for a fraction of the price elsewhere. People leaving in droves and their only solution is to raise prices to make up for it without actually offering a better product. Laughable really

Where can you get all that Sky offers and more for a fraction of the price ( legally ) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

• Advertisement

Advertisement