Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash out or hodl

Options
  • 29-10-2021 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in Germany, and it is looking like they will change their tax rules regarding crypto. So I can cash out now tax free, or hodl and probably pay substantial tax in the future whenever I would cash out. I don't need the cash now, and I have already cashed out more than I have put in over the years. So anything I currently have is just profit.

What would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Not sure what the current rules are there but, if you don't have to pay tax on gains currently, you should maybe try raise your cost basis if possible eg swap Bitcoin for wrapped Bitcoin and back again or something like that if you can, so you'll only be taxed on any gains from current values. I have no idea about German taxes though so maybe ask on a German forum if you can?

Advertisement