Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weighing if I should buy and upgrade this 2004 Isuzu elf alum van

Options
  • 29-10-2021 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

A buddy of mine works at a junk shop and apparently, this vehicle had been in a public parking space for more than 3 months and someone reported it. There's no registered owner so basically, it's a free car lol–he's selling it to me for a really cheap price.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭scottygee

The van has clocked in around 700+ miles, with no obvious wear, and tear except for the engine–it looks blasted. Might need to consult a mechanic with that. Might also opt to upgrade the wheels into flow-formed or forged ones (reference) for safe measure.

I plan to turn it into a camper or a minivan of some sort for me and the lads when we go out during weekends/holidays. If my guesstimates are right, I'll spend a little over €4k including the car and upgrades.

Worth it or a lost cause? Thank you for any input!

Advertisement