Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Padraig Harrington large Putting green in Marley Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

Sounds great. Only around the corner from me. I grew up on the par 3 and it was a big disappointment when they put the astro in.

Hopefully they model it on the Himalayas in St. Andrews. Could have some craic up there with a bunch of mates

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

"The design and construction began in recent months, with the next step being to seed the putting green with a blend of grasses which are both indigenous and sustainable."

I'd be curious as to how this will be maintained. Given that it's a free amenity, you could have all types of characters hanging out on the putting green at all times of the day and night. When I heard about it first, I'd assumed it was artificial grass that was being used.

Harro is on the Late Late Show tonight so I guess he'll talk about it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I presume DLR county council will maintain it. Probably with equipment and training donated by the various stakeholders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Does anyone know the regular opening hours for the Marlay Park putting green? Google has it open 7 days a week but I was there a couple of weeks ago on a Tuesday and it was closed. I asked a passerby and they thought it only opened thurs-sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Yea, play is limited and it's closed on certain days. I visited during the winter and it was only open two days.

This From the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown website (April 2024)

The Putting Green is open Thursday - Sunday until further notice.

Currently the green will open at 10.30am (depending on weather, condition of green and maintenance) and close at 3.30pm. 

Admission is free but those wishing to play must obtain a ticket from the adjacent Treo Coffee Trailer, where putters and golf balls are also available to borrow.

There is a limit to the numbers playing the green at any given time in order to protect the surface.

Limits are 200 players on weekends (Friday - Sunday). 

Please ensure you do not wear heels or studded footwear and children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. 

ShareFacebook

Advertisement