Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 Things I Think We Need To Do To Make Dublin More Exciting

Options
  • 29-10-2021 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I grew up in Dublin and I'm very fond of it. But I'm reluctantly coming around to the view that, for a capital city, it's a tiny bit dull. Here are some of the things I think we should do to make it a bit more exciting.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

How about they reopen National Museum, National Gallery. Both places are shut on a Monday morning.

And stop hassling people as they try to walk through Trinity College. How do they get away with this?

Its mostly outdoors, and a major tourist attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

well done OP, lots of very ambitious suggestions and nicely put together..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

More video game arcades.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dubmany

This is one idea that I've had for a long time. Create a lake/large pond in the Phoenix Park and allow concessions to run a rowing/pedal boat hire business on the lake. It's quite common in other countries especially in city parks and rowing a boat is a lovely and healthy way to spend a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

All the derelict buildings. My God. Is anybody awake in this city? They're everywhere. I got the Luas the other day from Middle Abbey Street to Inchicore and back. So much for a housing crisis when the place is heaving with derelict, dark shells of places on all sides. The sole light in the whole area is that gorgeous work they've done outside Kilmainham gaol and courthouse at the corner. A diamond in the rough. The city centre seems to be dying. So many dark, rundown old buildings - even Middle Abbey Street itself is just dead with a big (empty?) Independent Newspapers building still haunting the place. The footpaths are more like craters in many places. Paint and light is so many places would be a very good, and cheap, start,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Cool!

Advertisement