Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N26 vs EBS

• 29-10-2021 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I'm a KBC current account holder, I'll need to move soon so looking at the options, seems the only free accounts are EBS or N26, I'm leaning towards EBS as they have savings accounts which N26 don't have, yet anyway..

Has anyone used EBS? What's the app like? Do they send debit cards abroad like N26 can?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

ebs and an app LOL... ebs are dinosaurs for technology. most things will require a branch visit or a phone call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't speak for N26 but can tell you about the EBS Money Manager account which is (more or less) a current account. You get an IBAN for all of your accounts (MM or savings) but you can only transfer money out via the MM account. EBS is owned by AIB and they don't appear to spend much upgrading their IT systems. The big plus with the EBS MM account is that there are no fees but it has (or doesn't have) several features that you need to know about.....

• There's no mobile app and the EBS website is not mobile friendly. It's not really practical to access the website on a mobile phone. Even if you turn the screen into portrait mode, it's a challenge to use it.
    • The debit/ATM card does contactless but is not supported by Google Pay. I had an old (non contactless) debit card and when it expired recently, they sent me a new (contactless) card but I couldn't add it to Google Pay. When I checked the Google Pay help centre, there it was ('all EBS cards') listed in the 'not supported' column 😕
    • Standing orders are a PITA, just don't bother. Requires a written mandate i.e. you send them a paper letter if you want to setup an SO.

Direct debits are no problem, I pay most of my utilities via DD from my MM account.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MercuryBoy

thanks for the feedback! N26 it is then

Advertisement