Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleting free to air channels, list of good channels ?

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Rather than trying to delete all the channels, build a list (known as bouquets) of favourites to suit your own tastes. The easiest way to do this is using the WEBIF function. Enter the box network address 192.168.xxx.xxx in to any web browser on the same network to access it

See here for more info

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117878327/#Comment_117878327

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Alancillhill

Thanks Gerry,

I am all setup now- box is connected to ethernet, and I can see the ip address in settings on the TV. I can also see it using cmd on windows etc but when I input the ip address in a browser it just says connection refused. Also on the box I notice there is nothing coming up for the youtube app built in. There is no issue with internet or the router, so have been scanning settings for something I am missing. Perhaps I need to set up a static ip address rather than dynamic ?

If it doesn't work, doesn't matter the menu system is quick enough for organising.

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

There is one image that insists you setup a network password on the box before it will allow access. Have a look under the network settings and set a password.

Personally I prefer to use a static address on the box for simplicity.

I have an Amiko mini combo extra. There are no detailed settings for passwords, just a page for setting up ethernet/wireless etc. So it is being picked up by router and has IP etc, whether static or dynamic. It's just refusing to connect in browser, the router reads it as 'unknown' too but sees it.

So I found out (as I am a newbie) that I can't use OpenWebIf - as it needs to be a linux box not a proprietary one like the Amiko Mini Extra, so it's a case of doing it manually, and then saving the config to a usb stick for backup. There isn't another solution that is quick and easy.

Also I see online Dalton TV sell a channel listing for convenience, but it's working with the remote control, rather than on a pc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If you send me a PM I can send you a link to the free to air channel list that I made to pre programme the amiko mini combo boxes that we sell.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement