Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N26 Account Closure

• 29-10-2021 4:53pm

N26 have closed my account, which is strange as I'm a PAYE worker using the account for everyday purposes. I've issues with the complete lack of notice but otherwise that's their prerogative I suppose.

My issue is what happens after they close your account. I was unable to login to transfer my balance, it's going on a month ago since they sent me an email saying they were closing the account, I've emailed them several times requesting info on how to obtain my balance but they haven't answered the question. I've received two responses answering questions I never asked, responding saying they have no more info for me about why my account was closed, when clearly I was asking for my deposit.

I find their responses odd, should I be concerned about the security of my deposits? They've just raised 9 billion but you never know. I'm not the only one with this issue searching online but it doesn't appear to be widespread yet. I've no login anymore so no access to chat and they have no phone support.

Just wondering if anyone has been through this with them and if and how you got your money back. I can't complain to the ombudsman here or in Germany until 40 business days have elapsed since I emailed N26 complaints section. It's frustrating as it's money I need now and Xmas is looming.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Banks to not take this step lightly as it is a serious matter to close someone’s account with immediate effect. This link sets out the conditions under which N26 may do so:

The link also makes it clear the support staff cannot help you as it is a sensitive issue and they will not have access to the information.

This link sets out what to do in the event that N26 have closed your account:

This is a very sensitive issue and I would not expect that many people who have gone through the experience will want to share their details.

Eh? Incredibly unhelpful comment.

As a PAYE worker I'm perfectly satisfied I'm not a criminal or a tax evader. To reiterate closing the account is not the issue at all, it's the fact they have retained my deposit and are stonewalling me.

Also you're wildly out of touch, Revolut, N26 and other digital banking/transfer services are notorious for closing accounts for the flimsiest of reasons. I can't determine why N26 have closed my account as it's not in breach of any of the published reasons. This is all automated anyway. My own guess is that the amount I transferred in and out of the account is quite large and set off an alarm, the large amount was used to pay VAT registered businesses in Ireland and Europe, wouldn't have been hard to determine that. And perhaps they thought I was a business user using a personal account but all I was doing is buying and paying for stuff, using N26 to budget and track spending, on my house build. This is why its serious for me, suppliers/trades I owe money too are going unpaid, and they're hounding me, but N26 have a lot of my money

I thought N26 might be a bit more sensible and capable but seemingly the German Regulator has been hounding them about their integrity structures so to prove what grown ups they are they've started cutting off accounts all over the place and are leaving customers hanging, no process in place to return deposits. At least that's why I hope has happened.

To repeat because you don't appear to have read my post before responding, I have no login access, I have contacted them repeatedly over 4 weeks about how to retrieve my deposit, they've responded twice stating what you said about having no info about the closure but that's not the question I'm asking nor am I bothered at this point as I couldn't trust them even if they did restore my account. I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone with everyone responding about the closure rather than the deposit.

Any constructive comments about if or how I can get money back welcome

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Your last statement clearly indicates that you are in breach of at least one of the criteria. I’m very familiar with these procedures, despite what you may think. Your account has been frozen. You can expect to hear from that authorities in due course and my advice is to cooperate with them fully if you wish to have your money returned to you. And if you are in any doubt about your financial transactions consult a solicitor.

There is nothing else we can do to help you.

I am closing this thread. Do not attempt to reopen it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement