Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about appointment

Options
  • 29-10-2021 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Apologies if the wrong thread. Had a mirena coil, hysteroscopy and d and c 2 weeks ago due to unusual bleeding. Remember being told that the results of biopsies done during the procedure would be posted out and that I didn't need to be concerned. Received a call today to say consultant wants to go through results with me and can see me on Monday or Tuesday. Feeling concerned about how quickly the consultant can/ wants to see me. Does anyone has any experience of this or know if it is unusual?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I had this exact same situation. Totally freaked out by phone call. Ended up being hyperplasia which, since I was anticipating a cancer diagnosis going in, was a huge relief. I get the coil, hysteroscopy and d and c done every three months now as treatment. Hysterectomy will be last resort.

I know it's easy to say, but try to keep your mind off things until your appointment as it could be a lot of things that are easy to treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cubyrne2

Thanks a million again for responding soursessions, really appreciated it. Appointment today, similar situation i.e. hyperplasia. D and C again in 3 months and see how it goes ( possibility of hysterectomy if it can't be managed). Huge relief considering I was also worried about cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Glad you got through it! I have reached the point where hysterectomy is likely but luckily for me this wasn't an issue in terms of fertility hopes. Best of luck with your procedures going forward!

Advertisement