Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autumn Series Rugby.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

A good win for Ireland and more importantly they played with a bit more creativity. I still think we have a way to go where we can be a real threat on the counter attack. We won't win World Cups until we create and score more especially off turnover ball.

I said a few times before but NZ are not as strong as previous sides. Their backrow depth has looked an issue since Read and McCaw retired and then the loss of Cane to injury and the retirement of Squire. Their midfield also lacks something - neither the power of Nonu nor the creativity.

But fair play to Ireland we put them on the backfoot and had very few errors in our game. The front row looks very promising especially if Kelleher is accurate with his throwing.

We have some great depth in the 2nd row and back row and there are good talents coming through in various positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Unfortunately my <CR> key is malfunctioning so by necessity I'll keep this brief. (If anyone knows of a shortcut to emulate a <CR> on an IMAC keyboard I'd be grateful). I'm not disputing the facts - results, red cards etc. Just pointing out that you conveniently ignored a big one i.e. who won the gong this year! Also I've no desire to appear impartial .... nobody else is here. Finally .... as for being content about where we are .... it's November so I'm not overly bothered. February & March is what counts. Same for the WC every 4 years ...... too early to be worried about the next one though. However unfortunately for Ireland the draw has once again not been friendly so in all likelihood the same outcome awaits. (By the way I agree with you .... Wales best performance in the 6N this year was in Paris).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Erasmus isn't the only BigBok getting a ban perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Post edited by Rugbymad2020 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Since Italy A beat Uruguay last weekend, the Azzuri should comfortably notch up their first win of the AIs this afternoon.

Japan look fatigued from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

And are still leading 6-5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Japan very gappy, should be plenty of tries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭randomname2005

How was the Scottish defender allowed to grab a ball from the air on the try line while on his knees after making a tackle? Thought you had to get back to your feet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yeah I was wondering that too. Never mind Cummings should have a yellow for the offence that gave the advantage but Van der Merwe was incredibly lucky there. Japanese scrum half questioned it but the ref wasn’t interested.

russell kicked away a knock on advantage just now with a poor kick and referee goes back for the Scottish scrum. Very very lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Almost like the lower ranking team, away from home, getting shafted as usual?

Scotland score a try from the pressure. Hard lines on Japan.

Rory Lawson is talking so much and so loudly you can hear him through Ryle Nugent’s mic. They’re not working together!

Neither team very impressive.

• Advertisement

Schoeman just clotheslined someone at a ruck there. Nothing from the TMO

Gwan the Empire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Japan aren't very good.

But neither is Scotland really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Matsuda is having a mare with his kicking from hand and the tee.

Russell has also played pretty poorly.

Scotland really should be putting Japan away here. Japanese mistakes feeding a good few of Scotlands scores.

• Advertisement

Scotland working towards another yellow. Should already have had one for Schoeman slapping the arm of the 9.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Saved by a penalty that really should have gone to Japan earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Russell looking to kick to the corner with 3 mins left and 6 points ahead instead of taking an easy 3 points to win the game. Hogg having to tell him several times to take the points. All for the cameras or is that genuinely how Russell thinks?

Interestingly Italy v Uruguay is 17-10 to Italy, Uruguay are 5 metres out with 5 mins to go with an extra man.

Fulltime : Italy 17-10 Uruguay

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Italy hang on for the win at home to Uruguay. They won’t be threatening anyone in the 6Ns.

Scotland fortunate in the end there. Smal margins on Japan going under the posts to tie it up, then forced it in their 22 for a turnover before a penalty in front of their own posts sealed their fate.

a penalty that Russell, wanted to kick to the corner, with 3 mins left in a 6 point game, he was insisting on it too. What a birdbrain.

Chris Harris MOTM says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Tuilagi ruins his hammer in the act of scoring

Marcus smith brings another dimension to England.

• Advertisement

Yup. Great pass, good running threat - he can do everything, even improve rugby journalism in Ireland!

Yes it's an indictment of Eddie Jones that he was so donkey stubborn not to bring him in for so long.

Our own Andy Brace on the whistle I see. Hope he has a good day, these two won't give him any peace

This could be a titanic struggle...some big hits already

Stuart a handful

Great stuff from England so far

Personally I hope they smash the whingy Boers

South Africa don't look up for this. LeRoux a complete liability so far.

Normally I wouldn’t support England in rugby even if you paid me…but Erasmus.

If we’re being strict there are not too many boers in the SA side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yeah was trying to think who I'd prefer win, and eventually decided England cos, yeah Rassie.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ccarr

Any suggestions of pub on north side (Whitehall/drumacdra) that would have New Zealand v France match on .

Nah, we’ll never hear the end of it if England win. SA for me!

I'm actively up for England, much to my own surprise.

But yeah it is Erasmus, insulting and denigrating NH rugby and officials. It'll be the biggest error he ever made. I'm only sorry Ireland won't meet them until at least next November.

the Boer hairybacks (Erasmus et al) are still effectively running the rugby there effectively tho (and the chip-on-their-shoulder attitude of woe-betide-us vs the "colonial" world rugby ultimatums, video leak rubbish / water-boy / get your players to accuse ref of racism etc emanates from there), not just a question of the players on the team.

You'll have to ring a few and check. Hard to know what pubs, if any, have an Amazon Prime commercial subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

South African water boys and girl seem particularly talkative and visible throughout the game. On the pitch at every opportunity

South African minds are elsewhere.

Oh look its Dylan "Peaky Blinders" Hartley. What a w.....

"Bomb Squad" , "Finishers" etc - have come around to agreeing with the concept of reducing the allowed amount of substitutes to 4 (and after that only for injury) from (over half the team obviously) 8

Thought Marler had retired from International rugby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement