Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Revenue Conversion Timelines

• 01-11-2021 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone recently heard back from the revenue teams on how long the paperwork is taking to go through in regards to the conversion of a van to camper?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mikelan

Don't know about this time of year but earlier this year it took from early June to end August.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

We got all of it back in about 3 weeks in the end, the process was very easy and quicker than I had thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Van Doozy

Documents submitted online 30th December. 

Application approved online 8th January. 

Letter from revenue with amount owing received today with instructions to pay online, which I did.

All in all done in under 2 weeks. That's very straightforward and fast. I had been dreading this part of the conversion but it was no bother at all. 

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

I was the same, there were some horror stories of 3-6 months waiting so I was kind of expecting it. I found it very simple but obviously doing it Autumn/Winter time is probably the quietest for them so good timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Van Doozy

Yeah I was expecting months and I really wanted to get this sorted for the 2022 season which is why I got it in early, but I would have thought a lot of people were converting vans at this time of year - I guess spring is probably their silly season so with all the winter conversions landing in then!

The SQI advised me to be meticulous, ensure the forms had no blanks and triple check all the required docs were in order, so I did that, I guess it helped.

Also doing it online was great advice, I would never have known about that facility but it made life a lot easier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement