Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Works on O'Connell Street

• 01-11-2021 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

This might be covered elsewhere but does anyone know what the hell is going on in O'Connell street? It seems like they are only expanding the footpath area but it has been going on for months now. Is there a Metro line going in that has been kept secret from the public??

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It's recently been discussed in the Limerick Improvement Projects thread.

The project involves footpath widening between Denmark St and Cecil St, with one of the two lanes on the road converted to a bus lane.

Thomas St should have been finished in June. Both sides between William St and Thomas St should have been finished in September. Both sides between Thomas St and Roches St should be finished this month, but quite obviously wont be. They're months behind schedule despite only being 6 months into the works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,336 ✭✭✭✭phog

You'd have to wonder how they can be so far behind. I know there's cellars in the area and they can throw up all sorts of issues but surely delays like this should be unacceptable and have penalty clauses.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I wonder are they understaffed. I'm in town once a week and swing by the works to see what they've done and honestly I'd expect them to have more slabs laid week to week than they actually do. Some weeks it looks like they've done no more than a couple of days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

And to think in China they built a 57-storey skyscraper in 19 days. The lads over here can't even lay a few effing paving slabs in 19 weeks. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

Absolute disgrace the amount of time it's taken.It seems always the case with these projects.

• Advertisement
Advertisement