Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022 PDC World Darts Championship

Comments

Mon Gaz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Great darts

Gary trying exhibition shots here - leaves 4 with 58 left on last dart ! Nice D2 to take it,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Anderson the better since set 3. Don't think anyone else would have come back like this with the way Wright is playing from 0-3 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Top.

Notch.

Arrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Gary misses a double 18 after hitting two treble 20's, he hit two earlier after missing a treble 20 - as we know it is a funny old game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Two 51 year olds in a world semi-final. You don't see that in sport often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

Gary had his chances there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shockframe

This is an excellent game. A better one than the first

Could be just delaying the inevitable here - hopefully not... Mon Gary - Wrighty getting shaky...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Can’t stand Anderson, hope Peter closes this out

TbL

Come on Gary!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Just absolutely brilliant darts this. Great game.

Think that miss on double 5 was Gary's last chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Whoever comes out of this is going to win tomorrow night i feel

Great game of darts

Some mad stuff here from Sky. They switch off the UHD channel - then when I get back to the other channel the cameraman zooms in on the bull when Gary was throwing for double 5.

Peter Wright is having the game of his life, and still Gary clings on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

That camera man needs sacking. Awful all tournament.

• Advertisement

1 match dart and Wright takes it. What a game.

I am not going to try call tomorrow, but if Wright brings that form Smith is going to need to play the game of his life.

I’m exhausted just watching that.

Exhilarating

TbL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Epic match. Two players at the top of their game.

24 180's for Wright 😮

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Unreal

Can't see Bullyboy living with Snakebite over the best of 13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Sickened Anderson didn't hold his throw at the death . Love watching him play, he throws with such verocity and speed. Very entertaining

Going to be a very close final. Would fancy Wright based off experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭mooz

Savage entertainment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'd have had Smith favourite untill that game, scintillating stuff from snakebite there.

The last time they played Wright had to play unbelievable darts to come from way behind to beat him.

Hopefully a close match again tomorrow

TbL

Wright favorite for the final at 4/5. Smith is evens. Very hard to call. Hesitent nod to Wright.

• Advertisement

Ridiculous standard.

I love Wright but I love Anderson more.

Gary pulls it out here every time, he’s a hero.

Wright was relentless but there was only the odd throw in it.

Respect to two of the greatest of all time 🙇‍♂️

Cracking darts tonight & I collected a few quid.

Tommorow night Michael Smith to win, highest checkout & most 180's

Fabulous game that.

Gutted for Anderson. Was hoping he might land a 3rd title before he goes but that might have been his last chance. Still though 2 is a great return in the Ally Pally era.

The way Wright started was just outstanding. Like Taylor in his pomp.Left Gando with a huge mountain to climb.

Pressure on Smith now tomorrow with Wright having won it before. Could be fascinating tomorrow night,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

The way Wright played tonight, Smith will have to be Taylor reincarnated to land that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

Isn't it great to see players going at it without any side show on stage. Throw the darts and best player wins.

Huge credit to Wright.

Doubt he was anyone's favorite player up until recently but there's lots to admire about how he's got the most out of his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

dublin premier league date thursday 17th february.

Will be a small crowd with the restrictions.

Can't see them being lifted anytime soon.

• Advertisement

Don’t think he would.

He is the greatest of all time, that is not remotely disputable.

Anderson and Wright are top 5 also.

Night 3 - Thursday February 17 - SSE Arena, Belfast

Night 13 - Thursday April 28 - 3Arena, Dublin

Does anyone else feel Wright doesn't get the credit he deserves? I know he throws a bit slower than the Smiths, Andersons and Claytons of this world but Jesus he is just unreal. 24 180s tonight. He seems to have this switch of gears when needed and is so cool, calm and collected at all times.

Many wanted Anderson to win tonight but I always love to see Wright do well. A real character and a classy man.

51 years old and here he is at the top of his game and another word championship final. Legend of the sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Wright is a class act and I think he deserves another world title.

If Smith wins the monkey will be off his back and I think he could dominate the sport for a while. That throwing action is so effortless when he's on.

I have a feeling the occasion will get to him though and Wright will beat him comfortably.

I have that feeling too, a few wobbles from him tonight in the semi against Wade, will be exacerbated x10 in the final. I hope Smith wins because he's had a much tougher route to the final but I think Wright will win. Just seems to turn it on when needed. Will be a cracker either way and I cannot wait for it. Been a great tournament with so many good games. Deserves a good finale.

I agree, I think if Smith wins tomorrow and gets confidence he can beat the best around he will prove a very hard nut to crack going forward.

His scoring power and fluidity when at his best is very hard to live with.

Wright is one of the best of all time but if Smith wins I think it signals a bit of a changing of the guard.

Still l think Wright and Anderson will win a lot more tournaments before they jack it in though. Not many players can average over a ton under the cosh.

• Advertisement

MVG and Chizzy must be like antichrists watching knowing the irritating circumstances which lead to them withdrawing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I know it's impossible to say but I reckon the final would've been the same even if there were no withdrawals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Would be great to see anderson do one proper year on the circuit before he retires and get back to his best more regular. To turn up to the wdc the last 2 years with no form and go close again is unreal.

Going by some new posters on here that standard he showed last night was a surprise to them. There was a time 100 avg in wdc match was the norm for him.

He is easily one of the best of all time and one of the few that could match taylor and mvg in their prime.

Peter wright said last night thats the best game he ever played , broke the record in 180s for single player in wdc match , beating andersons 22.

Both smith and wright could beat the record of 71 180s in a single wdc , a record also held by anderson.

29 180s hit in their recent GSOD semi-final and that was in just 28 legs. You have to think there'll be at least 45-50 legs tonight so we could be looking at around 50 180s tonight. Mental.

I see PP have the total 180s set at 32.5 which seems very low. Over 32.5 at 8/11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Anderson will be kicking himself after that, the slow start killed him, just left too much to do. If he had to get to 5 sets each i think he would have won it. Fair play to Wright, consistently good all the way through, i think he’ll win it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement