Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭sector_000

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Entonces

Porting from Three which makes it even more annoying that it keeps failing and they keep charging me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

anyone know if the Samsung A52 5G is unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭bassy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I just came across this thread. I had my order go through (eir sim) and then was cancelled, no email, no call or text. I eventually got onto chat and was told it was because I didn't meet criteria.

Are people just trying again and again?

I had more hassle trying to get the phone in store, although I'm pretty sure the person I was dealing with was just a d*ck. I rang a further out store later and they seemed much easier to deal with, but couldn't guarantee that they could hold the phone for me.

I guess I'll try again online. Is it Revolut that seems to be cancelled?

Post edited by Suckit on

I spoke with support yesterday and they are aware of an issue with orders cancelling. He said the sales team might be able to process order over phone tomorrow 💩 wouldn't entice one to move to Vodafone anyway that's for sure

I was on to support too, and they were worse than useless. Told me I didn't have enough funds in account (I did, as they tool it out), said I must have used a sim that wasn't allowed (lyca, 48, tesco etc.) - I had used an Eir sim. Then she said I must have been bulk ordering or ordered a lot of phones. I didn't. That was the only phone I have ordered in months - the last being the pixel 4a 5g that was on offer.

She then told me to go in store and do it that way. The nearest store to me is miles away. I got there yesterday and the person I had to deal with was beyond incompetent. It started when he told me I needed to bring a working phone in with me and show the sim working. I said I didn't bring the phone because it is smashed, hence me looking for a new one. It went on. I guess they are more focussed on their broadband now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 20071061

Silly question if I go into Vodafone shop with a new eir Sim I take I have to have it in a phone and activated to eir sorry for stupid ? for them to sell me one of these phones stuck for a cheap phone to get me out of a hole thanks.

Yes, and from what I could gather yesterday, it also has to have credit so you can ring/text them from in there. But I'm pretty sure that was just the 'assistant' I got.

I rang another store when I got home and they said just to bring the sim into them in a phone if I could, I explained my phone was smashed, they said just the sim should be fine and they would port the number over there and then, which is what I was expecting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 20071061

The reason I asked I found an old eir sin in the house that was never used stuck in a wreck phone went to a store told them can't buy online keeps cancelling confused look by assistant didn't think he had any of the phones eventually came back with one he sent a text to phone never came through I sent a text to the same no night before work perfect. I made some excuse about Sim mustn't be working then left without new phone I think he could have just sold it to me but didn't offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

Two times the orders were cancelled (lyca and tesco), third time, using O2/three sim no. went through, DPD will deliver it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yep, it's unlocked. It's dual SIM, so unsure if it's unlocked only when a Vodafone SIM is the "main" SIM, but I have a Vodafone and Eir SIM in my one and works no issues. Never had to unlock.

Did you wait until you were refunded before reordering or did you order again anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

4 times cancelled

I'm out

Are the Tesco Mobile phones unlocked does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

Well, I just gave up, meanwhile the two attempts, the payments did not go through, was pending and back to my account. I tried on Friday again and all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Next time this offer comes up, try use a friend/family members name/address.

I'd say after one cancelled order, you're more or less blocked from ordering using the same address/payment card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I used my cats names for ordering 3 phones in the past and it worked fine. Don't know why it didn't work for me this time: Teddy must have ratted me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Has anyone tried to port a bill number from 3 or eir and then not complete it when the phone arrives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mazzybabsxx

Tried twice over weekend with new eir sim both cancelled went into shop today and was able to pick it up with the 20 Euro voucher happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Went in store and got it today, all in cost me € 99 including eir sim and 20 top up

Good value, didn't open it yet, anyone know if it has the gel case like some of the other redmi phones included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭sully123

The Redmi 10 5g comes with a gel case.

Great thanks

Qued for 40 mins in store again today only to be told that one of the failed online orders i put through a week ago was still pending so they couldn't put through a new one. They cancelled it but it will take up to 24hours to show on system so have to go back and que again tomorrow. It's been such a bad experience now that it's starting to be funny 😂

That's a nightmare I wouldn't have the patience for that.... About 30 mins all in for me... That included buying the eir sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭shmeee

Walked into local Vodafone store with Eir Sim (€10) and left with a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G for €69 plus €20 euro credit on Vodafone sim, couldn't get it as voucher.

So all in for €100. How bloody bad!

Will be putting GoMo sim into the phone. My last phone I got was also on an offer like this, Google Pixel 3A (that was a bargain of the century at the time). Long may this offer last......

Vodafone Shop was out of stock of them last week, so was luck they had some today in stock. Did't ask for ID or anything like that, a name and address was about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭sully123

That's good stuff. Gonna give up on the online order process too.

A question on the credit. Can it be text donated to charity or does it go towards a monthly subscription?

Would be a shame for it to be wasted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭shmeee

That's a good question and idea. I'll actually check the sim and see. And will donate it all then if can.

*checked sim, no good. €20 Credit already used for a Chat Extra offer (10GB data, unlimited any network calls and texts). Actually a balance of €0.50 left on it.

Advertisement