Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Needed a phone quick for parents.

Went to 3 store bought sim card 15 no top up

Received one call

Straight to vf store

Phone Xiaomi note 10 5g now 89 plus 20 credit.

Still a deal but not as good.

Beggars can't be choosers.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

Are vodafone not doing online deliveries anymore? Redmi 10 cancelled twice in last week no explanation given wasnt changing sim or anything only an upgrade and they couldnt even get that right no problem taking the money though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I tried this but no stock of Redmi note 10 in Grafton Street. Will try Liffey valley tomorrow. Sales guy said stock due in again Tuesday however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I don't know where everyone is still looking at the Redmi Note 10 5G. I bought and sold within a few days as the screen on it is very bad. The viewing angles are awful. You have to the looking at it straight on. And outdoors in the sun? It's virtually unreadable.

The TCL 20R 5G is is a much better deal ( which I'm using now ) with a superb looking screen as TCL make their own screens. It's got the exact same chipset as the Redmi and it actually seems faster to be honest.

Picked up a Redmi note 10 in Liffey Valley. Was for my dad who's not too fussed on spec. Will do him perfect. He was using an older One Plus. He's chuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Can confirm order of Redmi Note 10 (128gb) @ € 89.99

Ordered Virgin Media sim card on Thursday . This was set up by direct debit so no charge has come out or no credit card details were looked for.

Received sim card from Virgin Media on Saturday and ordered Redmi Note 10 with Vodafone

Dispatch text received this morning from DPD, arriving tomorrow

Cancelled €5 euro, 30 day rolling contract with Virgin Media.

Did you cancel the 30 day contract under Cooling Off or just an ordinary cancellation?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭sully123

I see vodafone are still cancelling orders with good reason given. Eir have been in a lot of trouble recently for their poor service. Is there a body that might take vodafone to task over this? Would love to report some sort of consumer complaint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,032 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ordered a Note 10 5G for my son with a 48 SIM earlier this week, just put the SIM into my own phone (also Note 10, it's a fine phone) and got a text saying order cancelled.

So how can I get it for €89? When I bought my own one (and one for one of my other kids) I used 48 SIMs both times, but they're obviously not allowing that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭seanin4711

thanks - €35 extra, but might just take the hit. The Xiaomi is already a tenner cheaper than when I bought mine last year.

FFS, I went and bought a 3 SIM but VF have cancelled that order as well....

It says it when your ordering they no longer accept 48 Sims. Been like that for a few weeks.

That was a 3 SIM.

Oh right. As has been, their system is broken. To cancel orders randomly is not good even if the buyer doesn't plan on staying as a customer. A sale is a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

By any chance do you know if the TCL 20R 5G is unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you're struggling with Vodafone just do Three. Their Xiaomis are unlocked. Last two phones from them have been "new customer" deals even though Ive been with them for a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cakedrive

For anyone who received the TCL 20r, is there an update to android 12 for it yet? and which security date has it got (settings, about phone, android version, android security update month

• Advertisement

The TCL 20R 5G is still on Android 11 but 12 is promised. Patch level is 5th of Dec 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cakedrive

Thanks carbsy. If they are already a few months behind on the monthly patches i'm not holding my breath for delivering Android 12.

If I may ask what kind of Screen On Time are people getting with the 12R?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DoubleMcGuffin

Thanks for the tip!

Did the same thing on Sunday and yesterday (Wednesday) a package is with DPD. Will be a few days wait cos of the bank holidays.

I had already got a phone some months ago with a Lyca SIM and that was fine. Tried again in November with Lyca and 48 but every order was cancelled with the resulting long wait for refunds when a debit card was used (just before they changed the T&C's). I was going to try with a free An Post Mobile SIM but their numbers show up as LYCATEL so I guess they would be rejected. BTW the Virgin Mobile deal doesn't look too bad itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

The Xiaomi Redmi 10 is 150 on Tesco

I've heard mixed things re whether their phones are locked or not

Can anyone shed any light on this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Confirmed, as easy as it sounds too.

Ordered the virgin sim which arrived on Weds. Threw it in a phone today and went to a store.

Got the TCL 20 5G, threw the €20 top up voucher in the bag so I'll use that as I'm prepay on Vodafone already.

Just cancelled the Virgin account with zero cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Cheapest way of getting an unlocked Samsung S22 Ultra? (€1,299 on Samsung, WAS €1,179 on Vodafone pay as you go, but out of stock and showing now as €1,269).

Just got this phone today. The phone itself is a good deal for e90 but not worth the full price at e190. Lots of reviews out there to explain why.

It came with a SIM for the to-be-ported number but seems to be inactive in my case. No loss since it's not needed.

Tried cancelling Virgin Mobile using the online form for use in the 14 day cooling off period but no confirmation received and no indication of cancellation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Is the Xiaomi unlocked? I have ordered one for the Mrs but don't mind being on Vodafone for a few months of it is locked to them. She is on 48.

• Advertisement

The Redmi Note 10 5G I just got appears to be. I put in the Virgin Mobile SIM (which seems to use O2) and it works. I also read that Xiaomi don't typically lock their phones anyway. I will try a foreign SIM soon just to be sure.

Having used this one for almost a day I'd say that it's a very good deal for e90. The display is better than I expected based on all the reviews. Performance is fine too.

Advertisement