Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Yah. I bought it in store. The website is a joke...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

UPDATE- Received mine this morning from DPD,(living in Nth. Kildare, dispatched from Swords) ordered a black 64gb, as the website kept resetting to this option, received a Graphite Grey 128gb. Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭duefrine

- picked up a Lyca SIM in a random shop yesterday

- ported that sim on Vodafone last night and ordered, the redmi note 10 5g, 64g

- selected click and collect

- phone in my hand now ( just under 12 hours )

- was handed the 128g version

Happy days, painless process, thanks OP...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭satya

is TCL 20R 5G any good compared with Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G my order cancelled with out any information.. that website is a joke. Now trying my best to get my money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

My order cancelled due to 'rare technical glitch'

Vodafone are a complete joke....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,032 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

last time around, they shipped the 128GB Xiaomi to everyone, I'm not sure there even is a 64GB version. It's an excellent phone for €99, even better for €69.

The camera isn't world beating, but you do have to spend a good bit extra to get a phone with a decent camera if that's your priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

oh no, I presume you had an order number and confirmation? Did they send another email to cancel it?

Just logged into my burner email address and there is no further communication from Vodafone. But put the burner 48 sim into the phone and no text message from DPD or An Post either. Its not looking good 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Stiro05

Phone arrived this morning, order placed 11pm Tuesday. Very fast delivery in fairness to vodafone.

What store did you get it in? Did you genuinely port your own number to Vodafone on the 20 euro a month deal or use a throwaway sim?

I asked in a Vodafone shop in Naas a few days ago about buying the Xiaomi Note 9T for 129.99 without porting and she said she could sell it but the phone is locked to Vodafone. Its hard to know what to believe as their website says Xiaomi phones sold by Vodafone Ireland are unlocked

Not sure if Vodafone Ireland refers to just buying from the website. I think some of their stores are ran from head office and then others are franchises

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 johnpackt

Thanks for the clear description. Just followed these instructions and placed the order. I was in the assumption that Vodafone will be charging 69+20 for the plan. I used revolut one-time shopping cart and got charged for 69. So now I guess I won't be charged an additional 20 later on when the phone arrives. Is the assumption correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Called Vodafone Blanch today and they said switch does not work with tesco, lyca, 48 numbers...

yeah its weird becasue other posters have gotten it with 48 and Lyca numbers but then others on 48 have had orders cancelled, it seems to be pot luck.

If my own order doesnt get a DPD notification I think it might be worth paying 20 euro for an Eir sim and trying it that way. At the moment the 69.99 is still a pending transaction in my bank account so its looking like my order might not go through. I had this 10 days ago with the 9T and they never sent any cancellation email and I had to chase them up for the refund.

Eir have a 10euro SIM offer so I've ordered one today and will use that to order the phone

Nope, you get nothing from VF about a cancelled order. You've to get onto chat/support and ask them to check your order number.

I have confirmation email and transaction is pending on my Revolut account, 69.99 is waiting to be claimed by VF.

I've had the same happen multiple times since early this year, easily 10+ times at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭duefrine

Yes, you will only be charged for the phone...

recurring charge is a 20 euro top up on SIM card, if you want to keep the sim card deal...... That's up to you if you want to put credit on the SIM...

Regards

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I have a dispatch notice for anpost, but it's not currently valid. I don't see the payment having come out of my account, but I'm hopeful. :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

It is probably a pre tracking label and is waiting to be collected by an post and scanned before you can track it. Its a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Anyone know if WiFi calling from gomo will work with the xiaomi redmi note 10 5g ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I think we can safely assume that neither staff in the shop or those running the website, know how any of it works.

My porting from three on different sims, failed like 20+ times in the past, then worked at random, and people have had success with 48 at random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,032 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

this would suggest that it is supported on the phone, but I'm on GoMo and I have no WiFi calling option in the SIM settings

EDIT - an old Boards thread says that it will only work with phones bought from Eir plus iPhones.

Yeah I was surprised with my canceled order that they didnt even have the courtesy to tell me it was cancelled plus they didnt reverse the bank transaction until I got onto chat with customer service, if I hadnt of done that the money would have been frozen until whenever I did contact them. Pretty slack to cancel an order while your money is frozen and then not even tell you. Im glad Im not with them as a network as I had grief with them before when they left me without internet for two months.

Anyway I hope you get sorted with the Eir sim. I thought my own order was cancelled for the second time out as I put the burner 48 sim into my phone at 2pm today and there was no text from DPD. But I did it again just there at 6pm and lo and behold it is out for delivery tomorrow. Im over the moon at that becasue my Xiaomi Redmi 5 is literally dying before my eyes, last night before I went to bed it had 45% on the battery, woke up and it was completely flat. And thats on top of a cracked screen from 2 weeks ago so this offer couldnt have come along at a better time.

Hope you get sorted but if you have had 10 falled attempts do you think they might have flagged your postal address and blackballed it or something? Given some posters on 48 have been cancelled and then others successful there has to be a human in an office somewhere making decisions on who they send out to. Multiple orders and cancellations to the same postal address might be what is triggering it. Im only speculating of course but what ever is going on it is not consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Op here this is probably frowned upon but

I've ordered a spare redmi and may flog it to cex if I get it

Is it unlocked or vodafone when selling to them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭.red.

I ordered 3 huawei p30 lite phones in the space of a month last year on the €100 off offer and all came thru. First one was a 48 sim and other 2 were eir. Had a bit of hassle with the 2nd one where I'd to ring Vodafone and they knew nothing about it. Order number wasn't showing anything on their system. Few days later the postman delivered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

I ordered 2 phones using 2 lyca sims. DPD delivering tomorrow. I have access to alot of lyca sims but i dont know how this could help somebody as i would have to tell a person the phone number and pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Stiro05

I have just tried a 48 sim card in the Redmi 10 5g, and can confirm it is unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Did people have to activate their 48 sim cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yes, you have to activate it to get a 48 number, you don't need to buy credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Just got one dispatched on a Lycamobile sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Ordered and received this with a 48 sim, took about 20 goes on the website to process it. I selected a date next week to change over to vodafone - is it possible to cancel this and just stay with 48?

Advertisement