Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mrgg

Ordered cancelled this morning :( .So that was using a new 3 SIM and typing part of the address and then selecting from the list. I used a new email address and a different credit card. No secret sauce method to getting it to work it seems just pure luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

It's worth paying the extra on another site just to avoid Vodafone one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mrgg

Yeah your right, I don't mind putting a wee bit of effort into getting a bargain but sometimes it just doesn't work out. I got 2 phones with this switch offer last year so maybe I'm blacklisted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I got 2 fones last year and then had a few orders cancelled

I did a chargeback but realized the payments had dropped off the account

Made an extra few bob suppose Vodafone too busy for reverse chargebacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Has anyone had their payment not claimed and just refunded without getting a cancelled email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Never got an email advising of the cancellation, just a text message to the number being ported so if you don't have that in an old or dual sim phone you'll likely miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

What's the cheapest way to get another SIM card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭poitinstill

the eir simm link is a few pages back .. struggled to find it myself

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I spoke to someone today in Vodafona's escalations team. She basically said the online ordering team know that people are getting the phones just to use their own network SIM and if they have even a slight indication that you've done this before, they'll cancel. And once you're cancelled once (even in error), they'll keep cancelling as it looks like you're being too persistent.

Best bet is use a family member's name, email, card etc if you really want to push it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The Note 11 is a great phone. Very happy with it. The camera picture appears to be a bit disappointing though. Trying to play around with the settings.

Edit: maybe just lighting

Post edited by mr_edge_to_you on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭jj880

Whatever the reasons it must lead to a lot of genuine customers who want to switch to vodafone getting cancelled and then just saying feck vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Shpongler

It might be worth installing the google camera (GCAM) on the Note 11 Pro 5G. Gcam usually improves the camera compared to the stock app.

https://xiaomitools.com/xiaomi-google-camera/

https://xiaomitools.com/download/redmi-note-11-pro-5g-google-camera/

And just realised you can't switch from tesco?! Was going to switch my sons number over but it's excluded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

And my order cancelled today

This is 3 years in a row this website is either bunked or they are just playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭breeno

Absolutely crazy how bad that website is in this day and age. Their tariffs are a rip-off and their network infrastructure seems to be creaking compared to Three and Eir. Must be waiting for a buyout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Tesco had never been accepted. Even going back few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

I think the phone is excellent for the price. The full charge in 45 minutes and the finger print scanner on the side 👍️

Matched up with the 3 Hero package with unlimited 5g data for €15. I am getting 700mb at my work desk and 1.5gb outside the building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I made an effort to order an 8100 [Doro] from the website but it all seemed to go a bit 'you know what'. It even seems to have a bad effect on my current phone's voda app [Prepay]. I am off to Harvey Normans [Tralee] to get something there this weekend. sometimes shops are just an easier option.

Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭jj880

Just curious do people use the 67w charger for every charge? Im using a 10w charger most of the time to try and extend the phones battery life. I do use the 67w if I need a quick charge in the mornings. It is very handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Do they keep you on a blacklist if.you.were blacklisted last year ,?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does it have the adaptive charge that Pixel phones have? If so, I would use that it is great. If you have an alarm set it will slowly change the phone to full by the time the alarm goes regardless of how fast the charger can charge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

I have only used it a few times when I dropped below 30%, I use magnetic cables like these that I use day to day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Haven't heard anything on my 2nd attempt yet, 3 days past but no cancellation message or shipping confirmation email. Still have two pending transactions on my credit card so that's not promising. I received the 1st cancellation message one day after submitting my order so no idea what's going on with their mystery black hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

I am the same. 2 orders one cancellation but didn't quote which order number. 1st payment due to expire on 2nd and second payment to expire on 5th. Doesn't look good all the same. 😔

I think the number I have has been used a few times between 3 and VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Somebody mentioned Tesco have offers on atm. The one I picked up yesterday Galaxy AO4S, is locked to their network. Only realised after going home with it🤦‍♂️ Not sure if the rest are the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

I received mine yesterday however the port from Gomo to Vodafone didn't go through. Phoned to be told incorrect Gomo account no provided.

After much back and forth it turns out my Gomo account no is 8 digits long but Vodafone failed the port as their system is expecting a 6 digit no.

Anyone ever experience an issue like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

No and to design a porting system with expected characterllength is pretty stupid on their part.

As an early GoMo adapter as well, their account # for me is 8 digits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I asked about the redmi 11 yesterday in store. Completely sold out in store and online. Waiting for a delivery over the weekend.

Advertisement