Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Banjo Carney

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Banjo Carney

Sure that doesn't work either any of the three stores within distance wont answer the phone 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Same here no store near me answers the phone. Have never done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If you call (059) 918 8047 it will route you through to a call centre who will be able to check stock and order in to your local store if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭jj880

Yeah now that I think about it there was some messing around to get through to the store but they did agree to keep me a phone since I was an hour drive away.

• Advertisement

That seems to the athy store witch is closed on Sat?

I called it during the week and it routed me to a call centre. Probably not working weekends but call on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Took a while but finally had my Eir SIM ported over in store today and picked up the 6a.

If you can do it in store (ask them to order in) you might be more fortunate than online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Ordered the 6a on Monday online using an Eir sim and received it this morning.

Tried a few months ago with same sim but had hassle trying to confirm purchase on the AIB app and anything i tried after that wouldnt work.

Put sim back into another phone on Monday and the Eir shop reactivated it for me and the order went through this time on it with Revolut.

Had a Redmi 5 and 8t before so i am happy to have a phone without any bloatware on it this time around.

I picked up one as well. I'll be glad to go back to stock android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

It was you that opened up my eyes to OIS on another thread so that was definitely something i wanted. Love this phone so far and only have it a day.

Glad your enjoying it. Punches well above its weight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I was happily processing my order this morning, got to checkout and realised that the pixel 6a is now 409 with 100 switch and save discount meaning it's now 309 - explains why I got so far in the process this time - but no longer a bargain, so I left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

Yesterday at 5pm ordered one for €199, received a confirmation email, DPD text message today that it will be delivered next Monday. Now checked the prices of it and is gone up to €309.99, strange....Maybe they were waiting for me to get one before to increase the price, who knows. :)

With the Pixel at that price, the Redmi 10 or the Nokia G60 is the better bargain. The Pixel has a much better camera though.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

I ordered last night around 8pm! I think I saw somebody say on here that the switching offer was due to end on Monday the 17th so after having no luck calling the nearest 4 or 5 stores to me I bit the bullet and took a chance on the online lottery. Glad I didn't leave it until today now after seeing the price gone up. I've gotten as far as you with the DPD text saying it's to be delivered Monday.

Can anybody tell me if I'm safe enough to assume it won't be cancelled now after I've received the text from DPD? I could do with ordering a few bits like a case and screen protector but don't want to end up with having no phone to put them on either 😂

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I would say you have a decent chance of getting it. However, I would still hold off ordering the case and screen protector.

If you received the DPD message then the order was successful. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 pacman114

Is the Xaomi Note and Nokia uunlocked like the Pixel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭beachhead

Xaomi is unlocked as covered in previous posts.Don't know about Nokia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

The phone, Pixel 6a, arrived. It’s alright, the processor is good, battery good, but i got used with my 4a 5g, I cannot replace it with 6a. I have unlimited photo storage with it, I ll keep it as second phone, just in case something goes wrong with it I have a spare one. Pictures are better with 4a 5g. especially in the dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭bren2001

I broke my 4a5g saved me any dilemma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Need to replace my Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 which I got using the €100 off for switching a couple of years back.

What would you recommend at the minute, a Redmi Note 10 5g for €99.99?

What do I need to do to avail of the deal now. Use a different name/email and get an Eir €10 sim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭beachhead

Same name but different email are ok and Eir sim card

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You also need an absurd amount of luck.

Thanks. Yes I've been reading that it's hit n miss. So would it be easier to try in store at the minute?

Do you think the Nokia G42 5g from Vodafone would be unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭in2dark

I also have the note 9 that I got for 100 and would not change it for the note 10. I know there is nothing for 100 euros but i dont consider it an upgrade the note 10 when there is already the note 12 on the market.

I am inclined to go for the samsung a34 for circa 250 euros

• Advertisement

The note 10 is only 99 which makes it appealing. The Nokia only 89 and I believe it's a new model. But not sure if it's locked to Vodafone.

Advertisement