Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

For €50 or even €100 it's not a bad phone. But for some to be trying so hard with many orders even knowing how unlikely V*daphone are to come through with an order is surprising.

I know we there are bargains on here that have been must have but have the constant headache of cash taken, number in limbo after porting has begun or just the general hassle is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I was on the Vodafone €30 p/m deal anyway so the extra €5 a month for unlimited data doesn't matter to me for a superior phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Maths_Teacher

Or...

Switch to e.g. 48 and buy the phone upfront.

You will save €200+ and also have unlimited calls and texts rather than 1000 minutes and 1000 texts.

My daughter is on 48 and after the issues I had trying to sort her roaming back in June, I would never go with them, despite the savings. Also, I'd be lucky to use 1000 minutes in a year, never mind a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭jj880

😅

No contracts in our house. Buy the phone then sign up to a rolling monthly sub. We're all with anpost as they have good vodafone UK coverage where we are. 15 euro pm for plenty of everything we need.

The main reason for no contract is you cant get hit with some random bill from getting scammed. My mother got hit with a large bill after getting signed up to some recurring payment bollox in China. With our setup you dont have to worry about this nonsense. You have to top up first.

Amazon usually have good black friday offers on Xiaomis if people are in no hurry.

• Advertisement

In that case, you should definitely not take the Tesco offer that you mentioned since both 48 and Tesco use the same network (Three).

My wife signed up for the TM deal and we were in Spain 2 weeks ago and there was no roaming issue at all. Possibly down to the phone as my daughter has an iPhone and I had to mess with apn settings both when we were on holiday and when we got back.

Great, well now you know how to save yourself €200+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Thanks OP. Worked for me.

I had an eir sim that I purchased around 10 months for 10 euro ago for this very reason. Topped it up with 5 euro a few weeks ago.

On Wednesday 9th Aug, I submitted this number on the Vodafone upgrade site and received the code.

Used a spare email address along with my normal credit for the payment details. Got a DPD confirmation on the 11th and phone was delivered on Aug 12th.

49.99 for a 128GB Redmi Note 10 5G 4GB. Hard to beat that for value. Will be fine as a spare phone.

Thanks again.

MtM

PS - I must get another eir sim card to take advantage of the next time an offer like this comes up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Two quick questions Atlantic, as a 10 owner you might know, as it's the same on the 10 and 12 phones.

(01) I can't seem to find anywhere in the settings the option for your contacts which allows you to display contacts from your sim only, contacts from your phone only, or both.

(02) If you change the background wallpaper picture, the phone automatically decides to change the colour of the input and navigation buttons in all your other settings screens and Apps too in an attempt to blend your colour scheme to match the wallpaper, I absolutely hate it and I can't seem to find anywhere to either change it or stop it from doing that.

Any help on those would be great.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

1 - I don't believe you can, it's the same in the 10 and 11. Also if you have 2 SIM's connected you can't alter which of those it shows, both and what's stored on the phone come in, even if you have a SIM turned off while inserted.

2 - Not too sure on this, have not changed it around since I got the phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hmm! All my contacts were on the sim only which the phone displayed fine, but, then I got a Msg popup from Google Backup to say it could not backup my contacts on the sim and that they needed to be on the phone in order to be backed up, it then gave me the option to copy my contacts from the sim to the phone, which I did, but now I have 2 of everything in my contacts display... I want to leave a copy on the sim in case I need to use it in another phone, I thought all I needed to do was tell the phone to only display from one source, but nooooooooo

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭ReturnOfThe

Ok so just to counter other people's experiences and maybe further confuse or at least stop people going to extraordinary lengths to purchase these phones..

I had already managed to get the 6a a while back with the 199 offer and at the time I did use a 20 eir Sim I had bought a couple of weeks previously and had set aside for the very purpose based on other people's experiences from this thread.

So for the 49 deal on the Redmi I just said I'd chance my arm and on Friday morning bought a 10 euro eir Sim with no credit. An hour later I popped the eir Sim into my own phone and got someone to ring me once. I then attempted a call myself I think.. can't remember. Anyways went on the website pretty much immediately and entered the EXACT same details as for the 6A..that is name , address, eircode, and contact number , same credit card for payment and I also gave a porting date for 2 weeks later (same as I done for 6a..maybe that might be trick..dunno)

So only thing different apart from the phone was the email address... order seemed to have went through.. for marketing stuff I think I just selected to accept everything except post.

Didn't receive a dispatch order the following day so I assumed it was just cancelled..tried to register the number for my Vodafone to check status but it wouldn't allow me (prob to do with the future port maybe ).

Anyways big surprise today I got the dispatch email and dpd text messge...hope to receive the phone tomorrow.

Don't know if this helps anyone and maybe I was just fluked but thought I would share anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Samsung A14 is dual SIM and comes unlocked. Got it in the post from VF the other day, €79 with this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭sector_000

While VF still has the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G (128GB) for €250, you can get the 8GB/256GB version from amazon.de for €284 (incl of the delivery fee).

I got the 128GB one from my daughter - she's thrilled. I got the 256GB for the missus - yet to configure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How's the camera on the Note 12 Pro?

My Mrs has the Note 11 Pro and without OIS, the camera leaves a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭questionmark

Anyone know if the Oppo a54 comes unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

It does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I have the Note 11 Pro 5G. Picked it up last year in the black Friday deal for €180. It's a very good phone, great value, but I agree the camera is lacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭glen123

I had two successful orders in 2019 and 2021 and then one order cancelled last year.

Ordered Oppo A54 5G for 59.99 yesterday. Used one of the kid's email address as well as their Revolut card and their name but same address as I used on previous orders. Eir sim (purchased a month ago, never registered, never topped up, 1 call made to it).

My order today shows as Released for picking.

Just in case this is of any help to anyone trying to buy a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

Would any one happen to know if the oppo a54 is SIM free ?

Thanks

It is. It takes 2 sims + sd memory card.

I've had it since Friday and absolutely love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

Out of curiosity, when you buy an Eir sim, do they sell you the credit as a separate voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's 15 extra (over 20 plan) a month for 24 months. That's €360. It's 249 on Vodafone.

You can switch to a 15 a month plan saving even more money. No? Save more money if you get a €99 phone.

You probably should have read the next two posts after the one you're replying to. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

• Advertisement

Advertisement