Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

UPDATE: my order was noted as cancelled this morning. Called the store which I had put down for the click and collect. They told me I'd be refunded in 3-5 days from my online order and to call in to them and they would do it for me. Went straight in to them but as soon as I said I'd a Lyca sim they wouldn't do it. She said come back with an Eir or Three sim and I can put it though. Not bothered anymore tbh, pity as it's a great price for the Redmi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I just placed an order with a lycra, looking forward to the cancellation.

Question for Chops - If you told them it was a 3 or EIR sim would they have checked or known what the network is?

I'm not sure to be honest. Maybe!

Funnily enough the Lyca sim I have shows up as Three network when put in a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭sully123

Ah, was just on the chat. Order cancelled.

There's me thinking the doorbell would ring any minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭seanin4711

any idea why?

i have payment pending on BOI and nothing in new VF account in terms of "orders".

thanks

J

• Advertisement

so only option is to get a 10euro Eir sim and go that route?

3 sim only is 15euro

Mine is showing order submitted on the voda site in my account.

i ordered online with lyca.

might have to start from scratch with Eir sim.

Yep. The woman in the store basically said if you come back to me with an Eir or Three sim I can do it. She said she's not telling me how to do it but if I come back with one of those she can put it through. Essentially saying I'm not supposed to tell you to get one of those sims for the deal but if you do I can put it through. That means an Eir sim is €10, the phone is €69.99 and they make you get a €20 top up in store so it will cost €99.99, which I suppose still isn't bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭sully123

The operator said something about technical glitch. Same spiel as others have reported. Said I should redo the order. Money to be returned in 3-5 days.

If you go to support there is a chat option.

I still have a payment pending on revolut

That takes the shine off it,tbh an extra 30 bucks! even though the phone to buy outright is over 200 quid note 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DoubleMcGuffin

I have the same question as I'm ready to pull the trigger on this one. I see plenty of services offering to unlock them so it's likely that they are commonly locked but Vodafone will unlock a phone for you every so often anyway: for every e120+ spend for prepaid, for example.

For what it's worth I recently got a Huawei P Smart 2021 on the same deal and it was unlocked even though they don't explicitly mention Huawei as one of the brands that they ship unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Even at 99 quid it is a great deal, I think they are around 220-250 euro in online shops.

For those having trouble with cancelled orders someone back up the thread mentioned that it might be an idea to get someone who is on Vodafone to text or call your throwaway 48/Lyca sim. That way when they do their security check after purchase they should see some activity from their network onto the sim. It may or may not work but its worth a try if you keep getting cancelled.

just back from VF shop

lyca will not work & and got to top up by 20 in store.

follow up-

will 48 work online?ordered one anyway.

last option is to get eir/three sim in store and do these work online?

thanks

J

got on to chat cancelled due to "technical glitch".refund 3-5 WDs.

best option is get Eir sim in eir shop,activate and switch to VF online,i think.

thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭.red.

I'm assuming "technical glitch" is Vodafones way of saying, fcuk off, we know your pulling a scam but can't accuse you of doing it😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

How is it a scam, why are vf flagging Lyca?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Escapees

Just a thought or two, based on the fact that some people have been able to successfully order the phone using a 48 or Lyca SIM...

Could it be the case that their SIMs had been topped up at some stage and weren't just freshly registered ones?

Or might the order have been the first purchase in their name or via their email address from Vodafone, who perhaps do a check on this?!

As crap as their online ordering process is, I just can't buy that the cancellation of orders is just random...

• Advertisement

It's in the T&C's of the deal that Lyca and Tesco etc. are excluded from the switch over.

Also says they can cancel for whatever reason if they wish. Bit crap they take (or rather hold) your money till the order is cancelled and then it takes a few days to go back into your account.

Post edited by chops018 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Does the refund process automatically? Order cancelled for me but can't get the chat function on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Shpongler

The 2 pending payments from my failed orders disappeared from my bank after 5 days without contacting Vodafone. The funds are still tied up until then though.

No. It takes 3-5 working days. Or so they advised me on the chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Order also cancelled here, only realized when I went searching after reading the last few posts. Ordered on the 6th and money was taken from Revolut, I am guessing the 3-5 day refund is after you contact chat as there is no sign of a refund yet. I might leave it a couple of days but it is pretty frustrating that they don't email or notify you to say it was cancelled and you then have to chase a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Escapees

Given that some have had success using 48 and Lyca SIMs while others haven't, is there any guarantee that an eir one will defo work at this stage? Otherwise the cancellation will cost a tenner for the pleasure, rather than just bank transaction charges and wasted time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Ive just tried to track my delivery using the shipping no and an Post say they dont have my package. I put in the order on sunday so would it be fair to say my order is as good as cancelled?

yes you need to reach out for them to cancel then thats starts the ball rolling in terms of refund afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭irishchris

If you use revolut the money automatically gets refunded after 8 days as it is only a payment pending hold without having to contact Vodafone.

I had three separate orders cancelled, two with 48 numbers and one with an eir SIM.

Went into Vodafone shop today and he refused to switch with 48 SIM and said that Lyca and 48 are not allowed. Surely regulator would be unhappy with this prejudice behaviour towards customers of other networks. Had to drive home get an eir SIM and go in with that. He reluctantly switched it but had to purchase a topup.

On receipt it says 80 euro off offer as the correct price is 149 euro on receipt before offer discount so not 100 of as suggested on their website also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I used a fresh 48 sim and got my order.

I also have a spare active 48 that I'm not using anymore, if anyone wants it PM me and I'll give you the number then I'll PM the code.

Advertisement