Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Badabing1

No, no email just went into the chat to ask was it shipped as it wasn't looking good since Sunday, and the "rare tech glitch" had happened. Complained why no email to advise, they said they don't have the facility to email, only text. But didn't text either. Used Lyca SIM. Don't know whether to try with 48 s or buy an eir SIM. Ridiculous hoops to be jumping through, some system they have.bwould have no problem if it straight up wouldn't allow you to place the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 urbancowboy

I got an an post tracking number. Does not appear on the an post site. DPD knocked on the door and handed over the phone. No text or email from them either to let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Voguementol

deleted post.

Can confirm porting from 48 will work. Had a spare sim so registered it for the number and into a spare phone to receive the porting text. Never any credit added. I used the below steps that seemed to work.

1) 48 SIM ordered online - registered new number 2) created new email address 3) chose 30 euro monthly top up plan 4) port number immediately 5) paid using Revoult. Cash taken immediately. Emailed confirmation number. Following morning dispatch email with an post tracking number. Following day DPD delivered. From order time to delivery was about 36 hrs. Confirmed phone is unlocked. Out of curiousity I put the Vodafone sim supplied into the phone and it's the number that I ported across from 48

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gallygof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jcmg73

I have tried porting with 3 different brand new no 48 Sims all three were cancelled so it seem very hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭bassy

guys i got a 48 sim few mths ago and activated it,but never topped it up.so just tryed the sim now and it says invalid sim,how can i get this sim reactivated to use for the offer of getting a phone from vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I had an Eir sim and this didn't work for me. Order got cancelled. I wonder is it something to do with email address/delivery address/card number etc when paying, because I have gotten a Google Pixel and a Samsung Galaxy with these offers in the past using Eir sims, but I think I may have given some details this time that registered an error on the order - basically they knew that I'm trying to scam them again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Escapees

Just made a third attempt at ordering this damn phone!

Anyway, just a heads-up that when you provide the payment details, I've noticed before and again just now that an intermediate web page appears very briefly before redirecting to the order confirmation page. This intermediate page appears to show an error message in bold, with a line or two underneath, but it only shows for a fraction of a second. I wonder if this is an indication that the order has not been successful, despite the confirmation page that then shows.

I'm tempted to go back and try to capture a video image of the page briefly loading but I don't want to end up with two phones if the last order does happen to go through!! That's highly unlikely at this stage though and I'm sure they'd be plenty of takers here for the second one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭caddy16

Anyone have issues with the pin number not working, tried multiple times and no joy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr Bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,589 ✭✭✭✭ted1

order just cancelled.

User a fresh 48 Sim and a BOI credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Is there a direct link to CHAT can't.find it anywhere ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

If you Google Vodafone chat then click the first search result you will see a small chat box to the right of the screen, just click that. They're chat support staff are based in India. I've only used the chat support on a laptop though so I am not sure if it works on a phone. Presumably it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Romero

Had to create an online account to see that my order was cancelled, Tesco sim that I was using and payment using Visa (which is still pending) for the Redmi Note 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah for sure. I was just thinking that they would have the IMEI numbers of all these phones they are selling so if they sell 1,000 of them in a week they could easily go back a week later and check how many of the phones are actually operating on the Vodafone network. This thread has probably helped put a dent in their numbers of new customers joining their network over the last couple of weeks so they are trying to prevent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Peadar06

I order a Eir Sim, popped that into Vodafone and phone received within 3 days, got a message saying An Post will deliver and then I got a text saying DPD it would be delivered the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

1 order successful and 1 order cancelled ,.both on Lyca sims

I'll leave it.now I reckon I'm probably redflagged on postcode or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Used 48 sim which I got for free the other day.

Used Revolut throwaway virtual card

same spiel

try again , order cancelled.

3-5 working days for money back.

opened revolut

clicked on the payment I had made to vodafone

clicked help and reverted the charge myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Same story here. 6 attempts with 2 48 numbers, used different cards and names but same address, all cancelled. They might block the sim or eircode.

Did you have to fill in the charge back form? Can't see an option in Revolut to revert the charges myself. Have 3 pending charges remaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I had a lyca sim order cancelled but I reordered with a Gomo sim on thurs and as of 5 mins ago its still a live order.

What seems to be the ETA from ordering to receiving the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭bassy

Would it be better to avail of this in the Vodafone on street store?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

There'd be less worry about them taking your money with no end result but you'll have to top up in store (I think 20 euro). Worth the extra money for less hassle imo, still a good price for the phones.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is there any way of getting these deals if you are already a Vodafone PAYG customer, other than leave & come back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

No. It's only if you are switching from Eir or Three to Vodafone. It's not for existing Vodafone customers. You'll have to leave and go back to Vodafone or else just buy an Eir sim for a tenner then order online or go into the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yes, get a burner SIM, move the burner SIM to VF and get phone. Then use your existing VF in phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

I am interested in buying a Smartphone from VF. First time user of such a phone! With PAYG is E20 per month the minimum amount? If one doesn't use the E20 in a month, will the balance be brought forward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

N/A

Advertisement