Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyHeritage payment

• 01-11-2021 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

Around this time last year when they rang me, I signed up for full access to all MyHeritage areas for €40, Bargin right! I always make sure to opt out of auto renewal with any of the websites I subscribe to.

My bank text me yesterday.

"AIB: Please confirm spend of € 244.77 at MyHeritage. If this is yours reply "Y" if not reply "N". We have placed a hold on your card".

I replied "N" and the bank rang me straight back to assure me that no payment had been received by MH.

MyHeritage had made zero attempts to inform me that they were going to take any money from my bank account either phone or email. Thank f*** the bank system prevented it going through.

Should this really be the policy of an 'honest' company when it comes to renewal of a punters subscription? Considering that the majority of their customers are probably of a slightly older dynamic, I think this type of behaviour needs to be called out for what it is . . . An absolute scam being carried out by a bunch of con artists!

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Hmm, I'd call them.

I meant to untick the auto-renew earlier this year and forgot. They billed me. I rang them up and they agreed to refund the whole thing, then put me on to a lower package for the DNA stuff. Found them quite decent to deal with.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement