Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best websites to look for accommodation in Ireland?

Options
  • 01-11-2021 10:19pm

We all know

• daft.ie

I'm unsure if this is directly connected to

• rent.ie - but they have almost identical listings

Came across a sites called,

• rentola.ie

Their listings can't be accurate cause there was a 350 m^2 place of Stephens green listed for 800 euro a month.

I know google shows several more,

• myhome.ie
    • property.ie
    • let.ie
    • propertypal.com
    • propertysteps.ie

....but the question is, are they reputable or any good? Or is daft/rent.ie the gold standard?

Experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Rent, daft, let.ie owned by the same company.

You could try gumtree as well. Also go on Facebook and join groups in the area you would like to live and put up a post. You might be surprised what you will find.

facebook groups?

any links?

Never heard of anything like that TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,765 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nobody can give you links to Facebook groups for a specific area without knowing where that is. Even then, nobody might be from there. Two minutes on Facebook looking for an area name and you'll find them.

However, they are a town and suburb thing, really not for city centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes second the Facebook pages link to area or colleges.

I had a look.

Are they primarily for room shares vs apartments?

Lots of rooms shares but I couldn't find many (any) apartment listings.

Place is Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You won't find a genuine apartment rental in Dublin on Facebook unless it's via friends or friends of friends.

Some estate agents do rentals too, it's worth checking out a few in the area you want to live in, not everything may be posted online

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

If you go on Facebook and put in the area you would like to rent you will see all the groups under that name. You need to specific with your search.

Many groups are private so you have to join. Many of the town groups have the sort of name (The name of the town)connected. Try searching that way. Also put in the town in the search and say 2 bed house etc. You will be surprised what pops up. Search through the list and if you see a group you like then try to join.

Advertisement