Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone is using my assigned parking slot

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Whether the thread's a wind up or not, I'd say generally it's not the complete non-issue that some people are making it out to be. Some of the analogies are wild... shoes... apartments 🤣

So here's my analogy: Say you put your bin out (and it's pay per lift not pay by weight) and there's often room for a bit more rubbish. If a passerby or a neighbour drops a Twix wrapper in once in a blue moon, who cares? But if someone is regularly dropping a bin bag of rubbish into your bin as a way to save on their own costs, it's different. There will be that one week when you have to drop an extra bag out and now there's no room in the bin anymore. So you're now inconvenienced by having to hold onto a smelly bag for another 2 weeks or having to sneak it into someone else's bin and risk having a thread on Boards created about you.

EDIT: the extra bag is analogous to having a car driving visitor or renting a GoCar for the day in case that wasn't clear

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

What if there's room in the OP's shed? Can I park my bike there? 😑

Property is property. What has wear and tear got to do with anything? How does it legally change anything about the property ownership?

If you don't have a car is anybody entitled to your driveway, or do different rules apply to houses and apartments?

I think people here are under the impression that the car space is actually owned by the management company and is given as a courtesy to some owners. That may be true in some cases, but not all.

In my apartment the space is part of the property, it was costed in the price when I bought the place i.e. if the apartment cost 100K the parking space was worth 5k, and the rest 95k.

And since parking around where I live is hard or expensive, and we don't have a gate, people from outside use it. So I actually rented mine out to a neighbour, for free, because they have two cars. Its good to have a car guarding the space so some plonker doesn't park there for months.

When I need it, when I rent a car, or someone visits I text him and he parks on the street outside.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Advertisement