Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video doorbell+cameras

• 01-11-2021 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to get video doorbell, one camera in the back and one on the side of the house. Something that works with nest hub or echo show.

What is the delay on these video doorbells, how long it takes to show the video after someone rings the bell?

What would be best option for battery powered system?

Anyone has experience with this brand? https://www.heyimhome.co.uk/sensors-security-shop Seem reasonable priced.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't have any experience of that brand but I do have the Nest Hello and Cameras and I recommend them to everyone, they just work, simple to setup and connect to everything else, there is no delay from the doorbell to the chime, to the smart speakers, to the Nest Hub or even to my watch

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kave2

Thanks for reply. Which nest do you have, wired or battery powered one? I can always get electrician to wire it up but not sure if it's worth it.

How long does the battery last?

Would nest hub replace chime, is it loud enough for notifications?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have the wired 1, well wired for power, it works over WiFi, I ran a cable out through the hole for the vent dryer, grand tidy job, I've seen the battery ones but I don't like the idea of having a battery operated 1 because I'd either drop it or forget it.

The Nest hub is more than enough but I've the chime done as well, that needed a new transformer installed by an electrician but if I had my time over again I wouldn't bother with it.

Wired one is getting better reviews. Integration with nest hub seems very cool too.

I have google home in every room of the house, so do I get notification on all of the speakers? I assume that can be set.

I'll wait for Black Friday deals and try to get 2 nest hubs too, for kitchen and living room.

Yeah, can be set where the visitor annocuments are made I think, I haven't bothered changing any of those settings, the quiet time is a surprisingly handy feature.

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend electrician in Galway to install Google hello. Thanks.

Folks, what's the delay on notification with nest hello? How long does it take for announcement on google home speakers/hubs and to show video stream?

Does it announce instantly when someone presses the bell? I read lots of comments on reddit and either instant or takes long time.

I have my router very close to door and fast broadband too(500) so hoping it's fast enough.

I won't have it wired to chime so will be relying on announcements from speakers. Nest aware is quite expensive and actual doorbell + hubs will be fair investment so need to make sure it's worth it.

Thanks a lot.

Mine is instant, I've it set to notify phones, hubs and speakers, all go off almost instantly when the doorbell is pressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Trying to decide between the Amazon Ring Video Battery doorbell and the Google Nest Battery Doorbell.

Wondering do they both allow a certain amount of playback for free or do you have to subscribe to a monthly plan to playback the most recent recordings? Would rather not have the monthly cost if its not essential..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Would you consider the Eufy doorbell? Installed 2 weeks ago after a few months in the drawer and I'm well impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 NewClareman1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I installed the Eufy 2k Wireless Video Doorbell, about 3 months ago. It is ok, but has a few issues:

1. There is a substantial delay before you can view video and there is also a delay when speaking.
    2. The integration with Google Assistant, Google devices and android devices is very poor.
    3. If your device is stolen, and then reset, your stored video is deleted.

I wouldn't buy it again.

One thing I did like is that I could use the existing doorbell wiring to power it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I have a wired Nest Hello. The delay is no more than 2 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Nope seems to be working fine for me to date for the time it's been used.

Advertisement