Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Solution for electronic accessories

Options
  • 02-11-2021 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Looking for a smarter way to store my cables, chargers and accessories...

At the moment they are just in a drawer, get tangled up and just generally messy and untidy...

So anyone have ideas to help me keep these organised ...

From memory it's

3xPhone Chargers

1xTablet Charger

1xLaptop Charger

1xGoogle Chrome

2xGames Controller's(PS4)

1xGames Controller Charger

There is a smart watch charger and a few other bits and bobs...

All 3 phones are different manufacturers, so kinda need the 3 chargers for fast charge to work on the phones on particular

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Go with USB sockets where possible and bin the chargers.

Most modern phones can use inductive chargers anyway so they can use the same charging units.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Well I have tested that with my Motorola and my misses Samsung, both will only fast charge with their respective charger plugs...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Fair enough.

I always charge my phone slowly overnight. It then lasts all day. The advantage with avoiding rapid chargers is that it extends battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Slow Charging sockets are the absolute pits

And overnight Charging.. wireless is the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,885 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd hold on to any fast chargers, the USB sockets charge at slow speed.

• Advertisement

What we did, for around the bed, was get 2 extension cords (his & hers) and they are stuck onto the back of the headboard. In each you then have the bedside lamp, electric blanket and phone charger plugged in. The phone charger cables are self-winding so they hide themselves when not in use. Ended up with no wires showing.

Future step would be to go wireless for the phones, but to recess the chargers into the bedside table top and cover so those are invisible too.

Other than that, I use a charging station for everything else (external batteries, cameras, tablets etc)

As for the fast chargers, we both have the same phone so one is upstairs in the office when we work and one is downstairs and we only use them in the rare instance where we forget to charge at night on the slow chargers

I accept fully that slow charging of phones is unacceptable to many people. But there are downsides to fast charging these expensive batteries, such as:

1) The issues that the OP has raised are not as easily resolved. I like the charging station in the above post though.

2) The battery performance will deteriorate at a more accelerated rate. This will mean that the phone will need a charge far sooner and may not even last a full day.

I only use USB A inductive chargers and always find my phone is 100% charged long before I get up in the morning, it will then easily last the entire day. For this reason a rapid charger is of no benefit to me.

However, I believe that a USB C inductive charger is even faster.

I know that there are some heavy users that may have different requirements. For this reason may a mixture of one fat charging station for rapid charging along with USB sockets around the house is the best solution. This provides the best of both worlds.

Advertisement