Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ski Holiday for Newbies - Romania?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

I did 3-4 days skiing in Poiana Brasov in Dec 2018.

I liked it but it was just myself and my wife, both experienced skiers, we stayed in Brasov and had a hire car and drove up and down every day (about 20 mins drive).

We were able to ski the whole area and were only there a few days so felt we got enough out of it as we were able to check out Brasov itself also.

The ski area itself has limited enough blue slopes and if you're beginners there's a possibility they're the only slopes you'll see, so it's up to yourselves as to how ye feel about potentially skiing the same 2-3 slopes for a week.

In terms of amenities, we found it a little tough getting food at lunchtime, big queues, though we were there over new years which seems to be a BIG holiday in Romania.

There's little enough in Poiana Brasov itself, not sure what the public transport links are like to go down to Brasov.

On the upside, Romania is dirt cheap, what you'd pay in Euro in Ireland for food/drink, you're paying the same in Lev and the exchange rate when we were there was roughly 1:4. We found the food to be pretty good also and there's a strong Transylvania vampire tourist vibe around the place that gives alternative things to do.

In short, I liked Poiana Brasov, but be careful you've enough options to keep you going for a week and you're not just stuck up on the mountain the whole time as I think that could be a bit limiting and you'd be missing out on Brasov which is quite nice

Advertisement