Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet cremation

• 02-11-2021 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭

Would anyone know of a pet cremation place that do individual cremations, and collect door to door.. I seen one advertised called my companion pet cremation. I think they are in Kildare. Did anyone use them?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

There is an excellent one in Trim that I've availed of several times now unfortunately... they're Pawprints Cremation. I've always brought my deceased dogs directly to them, but I see on their website that they have a nationwide collection service.

I have also had very good reports about Maguire's Pet Cremation in Westmeath. They do a collection service too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

+ 1 for Pawprints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

Thank you so much for this information. I'll have a look at both places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

i’m sorry that you’re looking into companies OP… from our last experience I’d definitely go with PawPrints next time I’m in that horrible situation. Just with the delay going via the vets I felt like my heart was broken all over again getting the ashes backs weeks later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I think they get the ashes back in about 2 to 4 days, depending on who you go to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

The past 3 times that I've gone to Pawprints, I've had the ashes back within 24 hours... but, that was me bringing the remains to them, and going back to collect them the following day too.

Not an option for everyone, but another option nonetheless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

We used Pawprints recently but through our vet, I'm in Limerick. We got Bailey's ashes back exactly 2 weeks to the day he went to sleep. You get a certificate confirming individual cremation. We also got a paw print plaque. It's gorgeous I have to say and a lovely memento to have of him and a little bit funny too because he hated his paws being touched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Paw prints 100 per cent. So kind and empathetic.

I dropped my Mums dog down (she had to be pts over the weekend and they called me back late on a Friday evening) and they were retuned within 24 hours by a lovely respectful gentleman.

Made an awful time so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

you can bring your dogs body to one in castlebar county mayo but that probably too far for you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Our vetnorganised it so I’ve no idea but it took about 2 weeks to get the ashes back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭beachhead

Some vets will allow you to take your pet home for burial nut I've heard it's illegal to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

I think its illegal in a housing estate or built up area but if you are a land owner with 50 or more acres i think you can bury your pet its a private thing on your own land. I always thought a farmer should be allowed to be buried on his own land too as its his favourite place to be but no as it might cause mass murders apparently !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

We recently used pawprints for our Lab who passed away just before new year. We went through the our vet and because of the time of year there was an expected slight delay but we are happy with the service and got the paw print aswell. Due to the time of year we couldnt bring the remains ourselves but Id say for anyone looking for a quick return of ashes doing it yourself is just as easy

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Olaf52

When my dog died we used Earth to Heaven. They are just outside Enniscorthy. They did offer to come up to collect the dog but in the end we drive down and they had a lovely “farewell room” with a rainbow wall to remember the pets that have passed on. They had him ready within 3 days and they met us half way when collecting him

Advertisement