Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satellite dish lost UK stations- LNB hanging down!!

• 02-11-2021 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi all hopefully someone can help. We lost signal on all

our UK stations tonight.

I went out to check satellite dish and the LNB seems to be hanging down? Would that be the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭POBox19

That's what you'd call 'the problem'. How did it fall off, and can you replace it? If you can get it back in place you might be lucky and get TV to return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Hi thanks for replying. I'm not sure if it was the winds or the birds ha.

I definitely would not be able to do it myself, will try find local satellite guy ha I can't do heights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Has it just fallen off the dish arm or has the dish arm rotted out?

Hi not too sure never had issue before is the LNB usually screwed into the dish arm or just pushed in?

Installation was just over 1 year ago so hopefully not rotted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Depends but a lot clip in. I wonder if it wasn't fully clicked in and those tied cables have pushed it back out enough so a bird and or wind has done the rest? Pretty unusual. It's likley a 30 second job to remedy.

• Advertisement

Thanks Lantas, I definitely would not feel comfortable trying to fix it myself. How much would you roughly think it might cost for someone to do for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Not sure sorry but try some local handyman or an aeriel installer from local paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭POBox19

Call your installer, ask them to repair it. Those things should not drop off after one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

If you're with sky a year, you are most likely out of contract.

As the above poster said, contact sky and if they try to charge you for it, ask to be put through to the cacellation department.

Advertisement