Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does a beginner need for painting?

Options
  • 03-11-2021 3:18pm

Hi All,

If this has been answered previously, if you could point me in the right direction, that would be great

A little background:

We do Secret Santa between myself and my siblings each year. Generally we all provide a list of items that we'd be happy to receive, and it's quite easy.

This year, we decided to add a bit of complexity to it, where we need to buy someone a present, without any of their input. I drew my sister, who is in her 30s

Generally, she gets make-ups and perfumes each Christmas. I wanted to go another direction (as I wouldn't know where to start)

I actually know that she loves colouring. Whenever she's playing with nieces and nephews, she spends time colouring with them, and she has happily admitted to buying herself some colouring books in the past few years.

She also did Art in secondary school, and I think she got an A in her Junior Cert but never kept it up.

I am considering buying her some painting equipment for this Christmas, but I dont know where to start. I'm clueless.

In my head, I had imagined getting her an easel, some paints, some paintbrushes, some canvases. Basically deck her out to be a stereotypical artist from a cartoon :)

Anyway, we've limited ourselves to spending ~€100 (+/- €20)

Ideally, I'd like to get her enough, so that she could go home after Christmas, and paint a picture, without having to buy any extra materials. Then if she enjoys it, and wants to keep it up as a hobby, she can buy additional materials herself. She lives in an apartment, so space is a little tight.

What would you say are the must haves/recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement