Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting a Picture

Options
  • 03-11-2021 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

When I post a picture that’s from my gallery on my phone is it allowing boards.ie readers to view any information about me or the photo?

Post edited by Spear on

Best Answer

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi guys, all location and personally identifying information is removed from images when they are posted on the site. Apologies for the delay in replying I had to double check that with Vanilla before posting but as I thought, it is stripped from uploaded images.

Answers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If you've left the metadata intact, then potentially, yes. But that applies to any image you post anywhere in the internet, boards.ie isn't any different in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭highball14

How do you not leave the metadata intact?

Advertisement