Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs/groups in Kildare

Options
  • 03-11-2021 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everybody,

For reasons I won't get into, I am in a situation where I don't really have any friends and during lock down, I became very isolated and lonely. Now that things are opening up again, I would like to join a club or group to help me make new friends.

In my research, I have found that the stereotype that my generation is quite lazy to be somewhat true. I am looking for groups that have people in my age group (~25) but have found most of the interesting ones are either college clubs, or clubs with people in their 30s+.

I go to the gym everyday so I am relatively fit, not really interested in Football or GAA, perhaps something that has a mix of men and women, a bonus would be if the group also meets externally for drinks/partying as I like to go out (but again, no friends to go out with)

I am willing to travel to Dublin if I have to but I wanted to see if there was anything nearer first, what do you guys think? Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, I am new here

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Tag rugby is generally a good way to meet people. It's mixed and tends to be more about the social side than the sport itself, so even if you've never thrown a ball you'll be grand.

If that's not your thing have a look at Meetup.com and see if there's anything local you like the look of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If you are into fitness, then a running group - I see a group out regularly doing the circular route (aldi, Kildare village, tesco) and they seem to be mid 20's - mid 30's.

In the same vein, Park Run is in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

id reccomend a bit of junior football even if your not that into it. The rest of us are only there for the craic too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

Mightn't be your thing You could learn some music. Start small, get a few lessons, learn a song with a few chords. Go to open mics or there are some music meetups. Both performing that welcome beginners or groups that enjoy listening to live bands

Advertisement