Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just sowed some grass

Options
  • 03-11-2021 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

What are the chances of it taking off ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Tails142

No chance, gone too cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Gone much too cold. It may come in the spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Ah well ....I was excavating (by hand) an area of my garden in prep for a patio and adding the removed soil to a depression that's formed in the center of the garden. Just chancing my arm with the grass seed. |

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I planted grass seed about two weeks ago and it is growing nicely now. In another two areas I planted old seed that did not grow. Yesterday I topped these areas up with the new seed. I am hopeful that I am not too late......looking out the window this morning and there is a grey squirrel feasting away on the seed.

Between the pigeons, squirrels and my neighbour's cat crapping all over my lovely prepared raised beds I might just sell up and buy an apartment.....😀

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Do you know I normally say to late but my god its been mild here in the Midlands, 13 degrees this morning, its astonishing. OP might just get away with it. I actually had to cut my lawn over the weekend.

A house next to just fully restores, ground works, lawned area, they planted grass seed about 3 weeks ago and just spotted the seed is growing , that said if heavy frost arrives they might be left with a lot of patches

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Excellent chance. I sowed some on Monday or Tuesday. It's been so warm still, I expect it to germinate. Several years ago I saw Waterways Ireland sowing grass on Dec 7thand it took.

Advertisement