Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipper, Chinese/Italian or even a burtio food place recommendations

Options
  • 04-11-2021 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Heading to Belfast in three weeks and looking for ideas for normal prices and food.

We arent restaurant people and usually go with a chipper type, then a Chinese/Italian or even a burtio type place. The last time we went cosmo and then frankies & bennys, our first time and didnt know what was what and didnt stray too far off the regular places

Staying in Ibis more or less beside maggie mays, so im guessing even that as chipper option and back to hotel with it

I did a quick look and bootleggers belfast looked nice

Thanks for any help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

We lived on Ashley Avenue for a short while, quite a few years ago now. If you fancy a stroll out of town or the 3 minute drive, there are quite a few choices on the Lisburn road around that area. There's a chipper on the corner of Ashley. Further up the Lisburn is a decent variety (honourable mention to Little Wings pizza place if it still exists), I think there may even be a Boojum at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

OK, firstly, call it a chipper in Belfast and people will look at you stranglely.

Burritos then Boojum. Botanic or Lisburn road.

Little wing opposite the Lisburn road Boojum is excellent.

Botanic and Lisburn road both have a load of options. I really like the Cuban Sandwich factory on Botanic, and again, on both the French Village is really nice.

there are LOADS to choose from. but seriously, not a chipper! 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

I can tell ya about pub grub…. The kitchen is pretty good, as is Darcy’s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Is it a chippie? I know that's another term

Flash backs to asking for smoked cod in Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thanks to both of you for the recommendations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Ferm001

The Christmas Market opens on the 20th November with plenty of stalls doing all sorts of foods.

Advertisement