Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC Build

Options
  • 04-11-2021 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice on a PC build.

Budget approx 600.

Just need Case, PS, CPU, Memory, Graphics Card, Hard drive.

For a 9 year old to play forthnite andRoblox

Built before with the help from here.

In the current climate would i be better off building or buying premade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Sorry and motherboard

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CyberpowerPC-Regiment-1050Ti-Gaming-PC/dp/B074DZLF3Z/

Cheapest decent PC I could find.

Uses standard components so easy to upgrade in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

was just going to post similar question and budget (600-700). Have been out of the pc side for a few years now but from a quick bit of researching the Intel Core i3-10100F & Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB looks a great budget combination for 1080p low settings gaming. (given current prices and shortages)

Any point looking at a AMD Ryzen or Athlon 3000G instead of intel?

Or a Ryzen Vega APU on its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Vega APU (5600G) is slightly faster than a GT1030 but still only 40-50% as fast as any half-decent GTX card.

700eur you'd be able to find GTX 1650 Super which is nearly twice as fast as 1050 Ti and on-par with the old GTX 980 high-end from 2014.

https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/p/90810251-124444

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

You will struggle to get parts for any sort of pc at that price range. Tbh, roblox and fortnite are both available on xbox, and a series s is readily available everywhere at 300 quid msrp. You will not find a pc of equivalent spec for twice that price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement