Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

650b road tyres availability

Options
  • 04-11-2021 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭

I see a lot of the bike manufacturers now offering, (or rather prescribing, like it or not!) 650b wheel sizes on their smaller bikes, particularly women specific bikes. I'm not entirely convinced such a thing is necessary unless you're very small altogether but so be it.

Anyway, give that a lot of bikes now are sort of dual purpose and can take on-road or more off-road style tyres, what's the road tire selection out there like for 650b sizing? Can you get fast road tyres in that size handy enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

I've a brand new unused GP4000S II 650b*23mm that you can have for free. I think I paid a tenner for it when Harry's Bikes closed a few years back. Didn't realise the size. I'll have to see if I still have it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Ha!

Thanks a million dude. A bit of a jump of the gun when I don't even have the wheel or the bike :).

But there such a thing available then? J wonder does the new 5000 then come in a 650b 25 or 28 or whatever then?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,686 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah wiggle have the GP5000s listed in 650b for 25 and 28c

Advertisement