Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of computer RAM to buy and where

Options
  • 04-11-2021 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all, I have an hp laptop 15-bs1xx with 2 slots for RAM. It has 4GB in one slot and the other is free,

Can I put 8gb in the other slot and keep the existing RAM?

Could anyone recommend a particular product snd supplier?

There must be someone out there who has done this before, all comments/suggestions welcome

Thank you and regards, AS

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,510 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I find using one of the configurators on the RAM manufacturers website is best place to go first, it will tell you the max it will take and the type/match needed...

https://www.kingston.com/en/memory

The likes of Elara.ie or Amazon or even Ebay should have the type for sale if Kingston don't ship direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Looks like you can have max 16GB,thats 8GB max per slot, so yes you can do that.

just try get another stick with same memory speed eg. Memory Speed 2666MHz (PC4-21300)

2400MHz (PC4-19200) if its kingston ram search for that

rgds D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 stadamack

Thank you for the helpful comments. Just to double check, is it OK to have say 8gb in one slot plus 4gb in the other slot- ie different amounts of ram in both slots?

Presumably it is OK /?

Thanks again

Advertisement