Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donor egg treatment

Options
  • 04-11-2021 10:50pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was with our fertility clinic today for follow up on blood tests & sperm test etc. I'm almost 45 and we are trying for our second child. We had IUI done in 2015 and it worked on our first try. We have been trying again for about 2 years now, but no luck naturally again. Going back to the fertility clinic was delayed for obvious reasons, so I hoped we might be able to get pregnant naturally in the meantime! Unfortunately not, so now I have been told that they would recommend egg donation. I had never even thought about this. I had just assumed I could do IUI again and hope that would work. But as my AMH isn't great (not surprising with my age), they think I should think about going down this route.

Just wondering has anyone else done this and how you got on etc? Did you go abroad? Our clinic said they work with clinics in Greece and Cyprus. I would love to hear from anyone who had done this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Hi I didn't want to just leave your comment here. I have not personally done egg donor but know of two people that have. Both people have own egg children as well as donor egg children. They tell me they feel no different in the love for each child. One couple went to Czech and the other to Spain, as far as I know the clinics in Cyprus are not as well regarded as the others. I am currently having treatment in Athens and the level of care is far superior to any care I received in clinics in Ireland. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 xeniane

Hi, I have no personal experiences with IVF DE, but know a few ladies who went on this route. Clinics in Europe - Czech, Poland, Greece, and Spain - are more affordable while getting high success rates. However, you need to remember only best of them can offer good results. I recommend you reading how clinics calculate their success rates, what questions you need to ask to understand your chances and whether a clinic is reliable. Doing your research will help you find the best clinic abroad at very affordable price. Good luck on your journey.

Advertisement