Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Car Parks at Heuston and Connolly - Safe for overnight parking?

• 05-11-2021 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

I have been WFH in Kilkenny since the beginning of covid but my employer is bringing us back full time to the office in North Wall this month. With the terrible rental market, I haven't been able to find anywhere decent and reasonably priced to live in Dublin so I'm going to commute from KK most days and stay in a hotel or B&B the odd night. Trying to avoid public transport due to covid risks as some of my family are high risk.

Looks like the only reasonably priced parking in the city centre is in Connolly and Heuston Stations at 30 EUR a week, I have parked at Connolly before and it seems grand for the day time but not sure how safe it would be to leave the car overnight given where it is located. Heuston Station seems a bit more secure but much further from the office.

Has anyone parked their car in either of these stations overnight or got any advice on this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wouldn't leave a car overnight in Connolly when it was busier, definitely not now with the various CIE offices in the carpark gone.

Point Village SC at least used to do unadvertised parking deals, call in to the parking office there.

Advertisement