Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling house - Electrical certificates?

Options
  • 06-11-2021 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Friends buying property at the moment got me thinking. I did a lot of internal renovations to my house when I bought it (no extension though). I made sure to get ah engineer cert for the removal of a load bearing wall and replacement with steel.

However, I don't have anything from the electrician. I'm wondering will this cause an issue whenever I try sell the house? What do people generally do in this situation? I certainly wasn't overly concerned when I was buying.

While the house had modern wiring, we did get new points and lights etc installed and new kitchen hob so the fuse board was upgraded too.

I am very happy with the quality of the work but kicking myself now for not pushing to get more certs at the time. I used a main contractor and he dealt with all the sub contractors and there was so much else to arrange at the time it didn't occur to me. No plans to sell mind you for at least 5/10 years but you never know when plans change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JL spark

you can get a contractor in to do a PIR , it will give you a idea of the standard of work you have , also it will give you a list of remedial works that need doing , thats what I do when I’m asked to look at a house that is going for sale ,

Advertisement