Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kieran Creaven at it again..

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• They can’t keep it if you ask but they absolutely can store it for “a reasonable period” if they want & they do.

Like you surely don’t believe Facebook and almost every site isn’t reading everything you say?

have you never noticed for example talking on twitter or Facebook about something and suddenly you’re getting ads that are somewhat or directly related?

whether they’re allowed do it under GDPR is irrelevant anyway, they’ll do it til someone cops on and makes a big enough fuss to cause too much negative attention.

long story short if you think Facebook isn’t storing every bit of personal data they can about you, cos GDPR you are literally too stupid to insult.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is binary. The amount of children raped is either higher or lower because of these groups. Given their successes my argument is that it is lower and less kids raped is (in my opinion at least) a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yeah I know - and the thread had moved on to more general themes, as well harken over time.

I get what you're saying - Creavan would still be at large of they hadn't done what they did - but are the confrontations really nessecary? No. Do they undermine inveatigations and hamper the attempts to rescue children? Yes. By warning the pedophiles that they've been allerted to the police . Do you really think the police want their targets tipped off? No. They carry out search warrants at 6am for a reason.

Simple solution: do the research, hand the evidence over to the police, move on to the next target.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No

It isnt binary. To suggest its binary is saying that if you oppose vigilante groups then you are ok with with child sex abuse. That simply isnt true. You know that noone is ok with child sex abuse.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Your argument is also binary in that you are saying you either oppose vigilantism or not. It is much more nuanced than that. I would prefer that there were no vigilantes and that the Gardai occupied this space but they don't due to resourcing or other issues. In that absence I am glad someone is doing it as they are clearly having successes and protecting children.

So given the choice of protecting more children or getting rid of these groups I am going with the former.

• Advertisement

Ok

So you agree that its not a simple binary choice of: You oppose vigilante groups therefore you support child sex abuse. Upto now you have kept intimating that just because people oppose these groups that they are fine with child sex abuse. We have established you dont agree this is true now so can you please stop intimating that in the thread.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No I don't agree with what you're saying and I have outlined my position repeatedly. Maybe you are missing my points. Why is it so important for you and others that I come around to your way of thinking? It is ok to disagree

Let's see what plays out?

Would it play out any differently do you think if they had just sent the evidence to police and allowed them to Investigate properly, obtaining warrants legally etc?

Instead their video was of nothing, and can quite be argued by the defence very prejudicial, given they didn't stop him committing any crime.

Your position is outlining the position of others. Thats the problem. You think you can speak for others.

You are gravely insulting and completely and utterly misrepresenting the views of people. You are presenting the views of people who disagree with you as supporting child abuse. That is completely untrue and its a shameful slur.

Your position is a lie about the position of others. Its not important that you come round to my way of thinking. Its that you acknowledge that the position you ascribe to me and others is not our position. To suggest you can speak for me and to misrepresent my views is simply a lie.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You just make up that 'reasonable period' bit, didn't you? When you delete your data, they have to delete it. Nothing about 'reasonable period' in any GDPR details that I've read.

Use of materials for advertising is a different matter, and is nothing to do with deletion. It is also the subject of a major legal case against Google, led by Johnny Ryan formerly of Brave, so they don't get a free pass on this stuff.

If you think Facebook aren't deleting data when you delete it, and this has never been leaked by whistleblowers or picked up by Schrems or others, you're living in a fantasy world.

• Advertisement

In your opinion.

Listen I am sorry me not 100% agreeing with you upsets you but that is life. Get over it.

Im fine you dont agree with me. Just dont lie about what my actual opinion is.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I guess it exposed him now. Everyone in Wexford knows, his friends & family and I seriously doubt he'll be chatting to kids again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I’m sure his family is thoroughly thankful for having their lives destroyed, too.

Advertisement