Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I get a new doctor?

• 06-11-2021 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I currently have no GP. Have spent days ringing every surgery in the Sutton, Bayside, Raheny, Donaghmede, Baldoyle areas to no avail. No one is taking new patients on their books. My problem is I need to get a prescription and the chemist is insisting I get a new one. But what can I do?!?! Does anyone know of a doctors practise taking on new patients? I have checked websites and despite many saying they take new patients, when you ring the surgeries you are told no - not at the moment. Totally frustrated at this point and would welcome any advice/help.😕

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Who gave you your last prescription ?

The majority of GP’s / surgeries in my area are not taking more patients. Mine hasn’t for about 3 or 4 years. Massive population growth has been the catalyst for that. They even took on an extra GP and converted the waiting room to a new surgery for him and did away with their staff break room and kitchen to provide a small waiting room, madness... still no more patients, my Dad was looking to get in but he’s been on the list for two years, a bit unhappy with his new doctor at his surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Could you try a walk in clinic? I've used the one on Talbot street and Grafton medical I think there's another on Suffolk street?

Advertisement