Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Fire 7

Options
  • 06-11-2021 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I bought an Amazon Fire 7 (standard one) for my kids. I thought it would be a normal tablet where I could download apps, turn off the WiFi and off the kids go. But it's not, it's a pain in the arse. It was less than half the price of kids version. I have been tweeting Amazon to see how I can make it kid friendly but they just send me unhelpful links. Also too many ads. There is a kids app but you need to be there with the kids to keep entering the password, and there is a monthly fee. I can't get rid of security code. Can anyone suggest how to make it more kid friendly?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

We have one and you can download all your normal apps via the playstore but you need to load that on to the device. Takes about 15 mins

You can turn off the ads for £10 via your amazon account.

They're great value for money tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jimboroony

Hi, I just got the fire 10 hd (and a separate kids case) for my lad. The kids version won’t be available until after Santa. I was new to this so did some research. The Kids + will only work in the UK. 1) Create a kids profile, there’s no email addresses or anything needed. 2) Change delivery address on your Amazon account to a UK one. I used the old Parcel Motel one. 3) Subscribe to a good Android orientated VPN. I used privateinternetaccess. Subscribe on your laptop/desktop. Download the vpn app on Amazon App Store and login. It sounds like a dose but it’s simple. I bought it for 70€ for 3 year plan. You can use it in 6 devices. Now set your IP to UK. 3) Make sure your logged into Amazon.Co.uk and sign up for Kids +. 4) if you don’t want kids plus you can just fiddle with the parental controls for your kids profile and that works perfect. 5) Download the games and apps you want your kid to have on your own profile and in the parental control settings, click on ‘share content’. This puts apps and websites etc into your kids profile.

hope that helps a bit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Have a few fire tablets for the kids and have never bought a kids version...

Advertisement