Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing firearms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 musashie

Thanks tommyboy - Got onto courtlough. No go till next year they said. If i was to use triebel and order through them would i still need a forwarding agency. This is what frankonia are saying?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Frankonia charging 14 euros for anything....That's suspicious in itself... They are THE most expensive shooting sports shop in Germany these days. You are in Holland&Holland leauge to be shopping with them anymore. So either they have made up the shipping cost in the price of the rifle,or they missed a zero on that price quote, or that's just their price to move it to the forwarder AKA shipping company. That's where the expense comes in, and there are few and far between who will move arms and ammo across the EU anymore, and some like Deutsche post/DHL quote around 450 euros delivered to customs in Dublin, and you pick it up yourself.

Treibel are good to deal with,if you can get to talk to Katja Treibel herself,[The 1st lady of shooters rights fighting in Europe and Germany], all the better. She is a tough little no-nonsense Spandau woman who gets sht done,and if she says it can be got or done it can and will be. Her English is excellent too]

The 170 Treibel is quoting is at least a realistic and a quotable figure. So I would go with that and let them deal with it. I'd just make sure that's the price for the shipment of two parcels,as per some new security policy with either German Govt/EU or the courier companies themselves, firearms have to be sent in two separate packages.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭itisnotgrand

Anyone imported from UK lately? What’s the procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Last import I did I got sent to NI RFD and imported then myself after I had license, and import document from DOJ,

if you import directly from UK your liable to custom duties.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I thought I’d update the thread as I contacted theduke.de with a view of buying a Rifle from them.

Once I get the Import Licence they charge €200 for their side of licence and shipping.

Might help with anyone considering importing from them.

I didn’t buy the Rifle in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

That would be a standard postal/courier charge for any of them these days from Germany.

You could ask them to try waffentaxi.de.It might take a bit longer in delivery,[Mostly due to Irish customs,is the feedback I've got from German courier companies]but can be a bit cheaper than DP/DHL

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Recently got 2 firearms shipped from Germany, total of about 60 for shipping and 55 for the export paperwork(their export permits cost 50 for 1 essential item(whole gun or an essential component) and 5 for subsequent items.

Also due to EU law firearms must be shipped in a non functional state, so that means 2 couriered packages with half a firearm in both, which adds to costs.

Very happy with that cost tbh vs the markup on both firearms that would happen here, if they were available in Ireland that is.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Wadi14

That's a good price for shipping, what company was that with if you don't mind saying. Small items like magazines posted are running between €20-€25 at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

UPS, but that was with a dealer in Germany's deal with them, so your mileage may vary ;-)

It was also flat rate, so if I ordered a magazine or a pair of rifles it was the same price.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

Advertisement