Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a static IP on Eir's F2000 modem

Options
  • 06-11-2021 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Honest to goodness, the technology world is a bizarre and unfriendly place. Last year I got a very cheap cctv camera and in all of 10 minutes I had it backing up footage on my PC's hard disk by means of a Filezilla server.

Yet when I go into my modems settings in order to setup a static IP for my set top box you need nothing short of a PhD in information technology.

Can anyone tell me where I can find these numbers so I can finally keep my set top box fixed with the IP address 192.168.1.1:

I understand the destination is the router which is 192.168.254 with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

The source is the set top box which I want the IP fixed at 192.168.1.1. No matter what number or combination of numbers I put in for the Default Gatway or Source Subnet mask I get an error. Why is this such a difficult thing to do?

Comments

Advertisement