Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duo Reunions

Options
  • 06-11-2021 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,449 ✭✭✭✭

Reunions can be very successful for bands but could the same thing be said for duo reunions ?

For certain duos in the past what really is/was there to gain from a reunion. A few examples Alison Moyet would do some of the big Yazoo hits live,Marc Almond would do the Soft Cell stuff and god rest his soil George Michael would of done some Wham tunes. No doubt the other guys in these duos are great musicians but they will always be 'the other guy from xxxx' whose former musicial partner switched them with a live session musican.

Discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gabria

I suppose Tears for Fears reunion has worked out ? They've a new album coming out although only their second in the twenty years since they reformed

• Registered Users Posts: 38,449 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They always escape my mind when I think of musical duos (decent live band saw them a few years back). 2 of them singers so a little different compared to others. Heard of a few rumblings between the two on there last tour

Advertisement